6) Familiar faces

do you ever just get really excited cause hamilton's coming to disney+ on july 3rd but then you realize that you don't have disney+????

Y/n opens her eyes up as the door once again opens. She didn't know what time it was, but it must have been the next day. Not all of her sense of time was gone yet. This time, however, she doesn't ask about it. 

She sees Soviet take a seat on the edge of the bed again, this time he places a plate of food on the floor in front of her.

"No thanks..." She mumbles, having no desire to move at all. Both to take the plate and eat or to sit up and talk with him.

"Well, technically we can't have you starving to death," Soviet tells her in a monotone voice. "And I'm not leaving until you eat something,"

But Y/n wouldn't let him win that easily. They stay there for hours in silence while he stares her down, probably trying to intimidate her into doing what he wanted. Of course she was uncomfortable, anyone would be with the Soviet Union glaring daggers into their soul the way he was.

However, it was also extremely easy for her to just not move at all.

Finally, Soviet silently stands up in leaves, making her smile just a little.

It's the same thing for a few more occasions. He would come in, sit there for what seemed like hours trying to get her to eat anything, but then leave by the end of it.

But Y/n wouldn't eat.

"Where are we going?"

Soviet is now walking side-by-side into the base with a younger country. The new figure is almost as stoic as his father, but a bit more curious as to what's happening around them.

"I need you to talk to someone," Soviet replies.

The younger figure's eyes widen a bit. "You mean a prisoner?"

"You could call her that," The communist country shrugs. "We're technically supposed to be holding her for ransom,"

His son raises an eyebrow, but doesn't reply, prompting him to continue.

"She's America's daughter,"

The boy's eyes widen a bit.

"Dad she's-!"

"Russia," Soviet glares at him as a warning for him to stay quiet. 

"Sorry dad..."

"She's not like him, if that makes it any better..." The taller country continues. "I need you to try and get her to eat something,"

"Why me?" Russia asks.

"Because you're her age. She might listen to you better than anyone else here," Soviet explains. "She doesn't want to go back home, but we're not going to let her starve herself," 

Russia remembered her, from a few years ago. He still kept the drawing that she gave him at home, since he didn't have many friends aside from his siblings. Something about Y/n had just felt strange to him.

"So does America even know that she's here?"

"He knows that she's missing, she ran away a few months ago," His father says. "But I doubt that he knows that she's with us,"

"Hah...capitalist pig had it coming...." Russia mutters.

They stop in front of the cell door.

"Don't treat her like America," Soviet warns his son. "She's nothing like him,"

Russia nods compliantly "Yes father,"

Soviet opens the door without another word and lets his son step inside.

Y/n hardly moves when Russia walks in. 

"Are you okay...?"

"Well you're obviously new here..." She replies weakly. "I'm fine..."

Instead of sitting out he edge of the bed, Russia takes a seat on the floor a few feet away from her face, criss-crossing his legs as he does. There's already a plate on the ground in front of the girl, untouched. 

"Do you remember me...?" He asks. 

"Of course I do..." Y/n replies. "You're Russia...we met a few years ago..."

When they had met before, her voice had a bit of a stutter, but she had seemed otherwise okay. Now she just sounded...broken...

"What did America tell you when he pulled you aside?" He asks. "Why'd you leave?" 

"Because he didn't want to have to monitor me the entire time...if I was going to be around Soviet's son..." She mumbles. "What did yours say...?" 

"That he didn't care if we hung out, as long as I was careful around you," Russia responds. "Y/n why...why don't you want to go back...?"

Y/n blinks a few tears away. 

But after, she explains everything. 

The years of neglect, of being ignored and pushed, the yelling, the fact that she believed to the bottom of her heart that she was nothing more than a problem that couldn't solve itself. 

Russia tries not to let it show that he actually feels sorry for her. But it was hard not to. 

His father was busy as well, but always found time for his kids. As ruthless as he was to others, Soviet genuinely loved and cared for his children.

But America obviously didn't. 

"How do I know if you're lying or not...?" He asks. 

"I don't care...you're the one who asked..." Y/n replies a bit bitterly.

"Well, I see your point," Russia finally says. "But there are much more effective ways of dying than not eating,"

"Please tell me you're shooting me..." She mutters to herself, but he can't tell if it's sarcastic or not.

"No, I'm saying that you shouldn't starve yourself," Russia retorts while nudging the plate closer to her.

Y/n glares at him for a moment.

But the girl soon pushes herself up into a sitting position. She pulls the plate closer to her and stares at it for several seconds, but Russia can see the hunger in her eyes. Little by little, Y/n eats every last bit of food on her plate.

However, when she finishes, she presses herself into the corner of the cell and looks away.

"Happy...?" 

"Yeah," Russia picks the empty plate up. "I'll be back," 

With that, he stands and walks out of the cell. 

Once again leaving her alone.