chapter 48

"right then! show me what you've got!" you called, taking stance, pressing your chest into the ground, and lashing your tail.

"Go!"

with a feral snort, the massive white wolf of a dog launched at you, lifting a great clawed paw up and bringing it down towards your small form, only for you to swiftly dodge out of the way, just as it slammed into the hard, grassy ground of the phantomhive backyard, causing a resounding BOOM along with a subtle quake, and at the speed of a snap, you quickly scurry up his arm, much to his dismay. with a frustrated grunt at your swift movement and tried to snap at you with his mighty jaws in an attempt to catch you, but you evaded them with little trouble, save for a few snaps that caught your tail tip. after reaching the tail, you leapt off gracefully, barely missing his final snap, and landing perfectly on your feet. after which, he growls and unleashes a plume of orange flames out to you, to which you quickly bound away, barely avoiding the onslaught of flames. continually, he spits stream after stream of fire, only for you to bound away with the grace and swiftness of a rabbit. however, in a split second, he redirects his aim to the front of you, and before you knew it, there a burst of fire smack bang in front of you, sending you sprawling backwards. and just as you try to regain your footing, a massive paw stamps you into the ground, pinning you to the ground. you yowled in surprise, squirming wildly beneath it on instinct before releasing a loud huff. "Alright! off!"

on command, you felt the weight get lifted off your back, allowing you to rise to your paws and turn around to face the large dog, just as he lowers his massive head to you, signalling you to jump onto his great muzzle.

for the past few days, you've had pluto under your training, keeping him on his paws and teaching him how to be a proper guard dog

for the past few days, you've had pluto under your training, keeping him on his paws and teaching him how to be a proper guard dog. to your surprise, he was actually quite cooperative with you; following certain orders, taking notes on your tips, and is over all a quick learner. of course, you couldn't doubt he would be intelligent, given that he himself is a higher deity in a way, but you were expecting him to be more rebellious and uncooperative since you were a mere mortal cat. of course, he'd give you a hard time here and there, holding you by the tail, play roughly with you and just generally act like a mischievous little child. hurt like hell, but it beats being torn apart.

and sit just at the base and his nose, as he sat up. "how was that?" he asked in his demon hound dialect, in which of course only you could fully understand. you nodded, and placed a paw on his head. "better." you praised. "but when it comes to paw smashing, you need to make sure the target is close enough so there's a slimmer chance of them moving out of the way." you informed, to which he grunts in a pouty manner. you headbutted him softly. "it's an easy fix, plu. you're a surprisingly quick learner. if anything you'll learn it in 25 hours." he snorts again, but this time, he had a warm look in his eyes. "thanks cat." he nodded subtly. "you know, the mortal dogs were right; you are something." you tipped your head to the side, taken aback by this. "oh?" he nods. "mm. aside from speaking in human's tongue, there's another thing about you that's... familiar." your eyes squinted at his claim.

familiar?

"Mistress?"

your ears perk at a smooth voice below and you peer over to see a familiar pale skinned butler staring up at you. his expression wasn't readable from this height. "Mr. Michaelis!" with a tap of a paw, pluto lowers his head to where you were eye level with the demon, where you were able to read his amused expression. "very impressive, dear mistress," he stuck his arm out, to which you climbed down onto this shoulder. "it seems your training has finally begun to pay off..." he itches your head delicately, to which you purr, ignoring the envious glare pluto was giving you. "ah, if only it didn't come with the stench of smoke and dog breath." pluto snorts in amusement as you felt your cheeks grow hot in embarrassment. "like I have control over the hound's internal scents." you muttered as your leaned against his neck. "but that's besides the matter." he stated taking you off his shoulder and placing you onto the ground, giving your head a few strokes. "the master wishes to see you. best hurry, though he says it's important."

you tipped your head to the side curiously, in a brief bout of unease. important? sebastian took note of your uncertainty and reassured; "do not worry," he bows slightly to you. "I'll keep watch of the beast while you're away." after a moment, you nodded and made your way towards the manor.

wonder what master has in store for me?
~~~~~~~~~

Sup dudes.✌

First time drawing pluto.