chapter 1

on the lukewarm streets of England, a lone, stray kitten just strolled her way down the quiet, almost empty streets, taking in the scenery and earning a few compliments and coos from passers-by. most complemented on your surprisingly shiny coat of (color) fur or your bright (color) eyes. you were a small, stray kitten. you were also quite a friendly feline, rubbing against the legs of the kind humans who complimented you and gave you treats. you were also very curious. you'd often stray into open-doored shops or Windows, marveling at the new things and faces you see.

you were just purring to yourself, thinking about visiting your favorite store with the funny looking fake animals. you liked nuzzling and kneading against the soft fur of the plushes.

suddenly, as you walked, a bug flew past you. the buzzing caught you off guard and you glanced behind you. just then, you bump into a pair of legs quite hard. the human stumbles as you tumble onto your rear. "Ah! get out of my way!" an angry, young boy's voice shouted. Owie.. "mew.." you shook your daze off and looked up at the human you ran into.

to your surprise, it was a young human boy. he was a bit thin and petite for a boy. he had silvery blueish-black hair and a black eyepatch over his left eye. his visible eye was a very rich blue color. he had very rich looking clothing on, like what nobles would wear. for a child, he had a very annoyed look on his face, his eye glaring at you in disdain. "shoo! get!" he hisses making odd motions with his hands. you just stood there, staring in confusion and slight hurt. 'why was this child so harsh?'

"young master." a very smooth, adult male sounding voice called. from behind the boy stepped a black haired man. boy, you've seen a lot of good lookers in the town, but NOTHING compared to his face! it was perfectly chiseled and elegant looking. he had piercing red eyes that regarded the boy in curiosity. "what are you shouting at? you'll end up causing a scene." he said cooly. the boy looked at him in annoyance. then you take note of something.

this man... was quite pale... and you sensed something about this man. he looked it... but... he just didn't seem normal.

the boy huffed. "this dim animal nearly knocked me over." he pointed to you. you winced at his words. you didn't know what he meant by "dim" but from his tone in voice, it must have been bad. you shy away and looked down dragging a paw across the ground. well I didn't mean it... "mreow.." you looked back up at the man, expecting to be scolded... but. the black haired man's eyes locked into your small form. his eyes seemed to have lit up and twinkled at your appearance. his face filled with astonishment and joy. you tilted your head in confusion at this. you never got this type of reaction before... you okay...? "meew...?" you meowed, trotting up to the man, sniffing at him curiously. "such beauty..." you heard him mutter.

suddenly, two glove clad hands gently wrapped around your body and you felt yourself get lifted off the ground. weeeeee..!! "Meaaaa..!!" you squeak in surprise as you are suddenly face to face with the pale skinned man. he has a bright, attractive smile on his face as he inspects you. "such a divine (color) coat..." he mutters running a hand on your back. he then held up one of your paws. "and perfect soft, (color) paws.." he murmers, squeezing it lightly. then he looks you in the face. "and gorgeous (color) eyes..." he breaths. he runs a finger down your (length) (thin/fluffy) tail. "what a beautiful specimen..." he whispers. wow.. you never got THIS type of attention before! and you must admit, it felt very nice.~ you began to purr rather loudly as he looked over you once again.

"Sebastian!!" the boy almost yelled. you jumped, but the man named "Sebastian" calmly turned to the boy. "we aren't keeping that thing! my allergies!" he scolded. Sebastian looked slightly disheartened as his gaze flickered from you to him. "master. this creature is far too perfect to simply be left out here..." he said as he stared at your small face. then something flashed in his eyes as he realized something. "and..." he added. "haven't you noticed?" then he brought you up to the boy's face. when your fur made contact with his nose, the boy leapt back covering his nose. you tilted your head. why is this boy afraid of me? "Ah! Sebastian you-!" then his face turned to confusion. he sniffed a few times and glanced over at you. "what the...." he muttered slowly approaching you. he inched forward slightly towards you. "It is a javanese." sebastian said. "it is a hypoallergenic breed. it lessens effects of allergies." he added. the boy looked over you again, still with a bitter look over his face.

he shook his head. "we still can't keep it..." he growled. you feel your heart kind of break. but... why? "Mreow..?" your pupils dilate in sadness as your ears droop. the boy flinched as he stared at seeing your big sad eyes. "come now, master. you can't possibly refuse a delicate creature like this.. even if you aren't fond of it." urged sebastian, again bringing you up to his face. the boy's lip quivered, seeing your charming features up close. you took this close contact as an advantage to show that you meant no harm. you gently nudged the ridge of boy's nose, purring lightly. the boy grunts and rubs his nose. strangely, a visible tint of pink appeared on his face. you turned back to see the man smirking in what appears to be triumph. "master?" he cooed as the boy appeared to be waging war on himself. he took another look at you, appearing flustered. ..are you okay? "meewww?" you meowed tilting your head. After a moment, he suddenly smacked his hand into his forehead and sighed heavily. "...very well. we'll keep it then." he nearly muttered. sebastian snickered. "very well, master." the boy growled as he marched onwards. you feel sebastian bring you up to his chest and stroke your back tenderly. "welcome to the phantomhives, my dear." he cooed to you as you snuggled into his chest.