chapter 14

"she is in very bad shape, my lord. her leg is dislocated and needs tending to." sebastian said. Ciel caught sight of your foreleg dangling limply and frowned. "bring her here." he ordered firmly. he nodded briefly and walked over to the boy. when you got close, Ciel reached both arms out and you were carefully given to him. ow... "nyraw..." you whimpered as the pain shot through you. ciel's eye filled with guilt. "I'm sorry..." ciel whispered. mey-rin suddenly poked her head in the room. "(name)'s bed is prepared!" she chirped. then finny peeked in. "I got some cloth to wrap her paw in!" he piped. sebastian nodded. "Go the the master's bedroom and prepare her bed. I will the there momentarily." he stated, earning a nod from them as they scurried off. sebastian then turned to ciel and held out his arms. "young master.. if you'd please." he said softly. after a moment of hesitance, he reluctantly hands you over to him. he nods and turns around and walks away with you, with ciel sadly watching on.
-----

an hour later, you are curled up in your large cat bed, with your foreleg tightly wrapped in cloth. after taking a few laps of refreshing, cold cream, you curled up in contentment and fell fast sleep, letting the trauma of the day melt away.

sometime later, you are awoken in a warmer, softer bed. you look around in confusion as you realize you somehow ended up in master ciel's bed. "you're up." a young voice chirped. you turn to see ciel, already in his night gown with a very relieved look on his face. "sebastian told me about what happened back at the ferro household." he said. a grin crept across his face. "I'm very proud of you, (name). you've given pride to my family's name." he whispered petting your head. thank you, master ciel. "meorw." you meowed, dipping your head lightly. he snickered. "you certainly are one of a kind."

he sighs as he gently runs his finger along your bandaged paw. "I'm sincerely sorry this happened to you, dear... It wasn't like me to let something like that happen.." he whispered. your eyes widened. did ciel... just call you dear? "forgive my blunder." he almost pleaded. you gave him a nuzzle on the cheek. don't be silly, of course I forgive you, sir! "Mrreooow!" you meowed cheerfully. ciel smiled. surprisingly, it looked genuine. "I have something I'd like to give you something tomorrow. for now, get some rest." he muttered pulling the covers over his shoulder and laying his head back down. "and... you're welcome to..." he sounded slightly embarrassed. "lay against me.. for tonight. you've earned it." he muttered. you slowly get to your paws and limp to his side and lay against his back. you can feel his aura become bright as he relaxed. "goodnight, my dear." he murmured as he quickly fell asleep.

goodnight, young master... "mrrraw..." you softly replied as you curled up and fell back into a peaceful sleep.