chapter 6

"pardon the interruption, but dinner is served." sebastian suddenly came in. the man looked quite relieved to be taking a break from this dark game and went to get up. it's obvious he doesn't enjoy the game one bit. which is why he's reluctant to finish it, as he's already on the path to losing. but Ciel doesn't seem to like the one to stop a game halfway through. you instinctively get off him and walk over to sebastian. behind you, Damiano muttered the word "child" to himself. Ciel heard this, and glared back at the man. You aren't slick, my man. of course, this startles him into twisting his words into brown nosing.

you narrowed your eyes at him, seeing right through his little charade.

(Insult).
~~~~~~~

you sit beside in the stone garden, out of view with your head held high. tonight they were serving some type of Japanese style raw beef dish. to you, it looked and smelled delicious. but to Damiano, not too much. Guess he was expecting something more extravagant... to convince him otherwise, sebastian then launches into some type of detailed tirade on how the beef dish was special. something about it being a sign of gratitude? you didn't know. It all flies over your head. all's that mattered is that it worked. Damiano fell for it completely. very clever...

you simply sat there, licking your paw and periodically running it over your head. then you opened one eye to see mey-rin... stumbling towards the table with a bottle of wine in her trembling hands, muttering to herself about sebastian. She did seem more flustered when he was around... but she's more shaky than usual..? you raise your head as she goes to pour the glass... only to miss it. completely. your eyes widened as the red liquid poured all over the white table cloth, staining it. Your pupils constricted as you watched it slowly increase in size and head for the edge of the table. it was about to spill over the edge... onto damiano's lap!

But, to your utter shock, sebastian suddenly snagged the end of the tablecloth and whipped it off in one swift motion. Oh my whiskers! what got you was how none of the tableware fell off. it all was as if it wasn't moved! it takes incredible speed to pull this off!

you look up at sebastian in amazement. what an able Butler he is. But that just adds to his mysterious character. how is he able to do things with as much grace and speed as a cheetah?? that was when he spoke that ominous quote that rang in your head. "I'm simply one hell of a butler." you stare at him pencively.

what does he mean by that...?
------

"that was an enjoyable dinner, my lord." damiano takes his seat as you and ciel take yours. this time, ciel places a hand over your back, much to your delight. so far so fantastic. just Damiano starts up about the contract, ciel suggests finishing the game. of course, Damiano tries to talk his way out of it, but ciel won't stand for it. "children can be very demanding about their games." he suddenly says, voice colder than ice. he runs his hand over your head as he continued, smirking. "surely you wouldn't want me to get upset?" you force your hair to lay flat at his tone. this child is a bit scarier than I thought...

Damiano shuffles uncomfortably. clearly he was reluctant to remotely talk about the game. he then excuses himself to use the telephone. you snort. what a sore loser.. at the same time he leaves, sebastian enters with some tea. he pours ciel a cup and gives you a few yogurt drops. ciel goes to take a sip, but stops, complaining of a weak scent. A weak scent? Perhaps it was because you were a mere cat, but you never understood why scent in tea mattered. apparently Italian tea isn't something ciel is fond of. He doesn't even bother to try a sip of it! he's a picky one... ciel probably doesn't notice it, but you see as sebastian narrows his eyes in irritation at his picky master. "I'll see to the dessert preparations." he states trying not to sound bothered. "good. we must show him every available hospitality." he suddenly itches under your chin, with a sinister smirk. "the Phantomhive family is known for its courtesy." he looks down at you as you walk over to sebastian. yes sir. "mreow." you reply with an icy laced voice. your pupils constricted into slits... as did sebastian's.. strangely.