chapter 2

after a bit of walking, you soon fall come up to one of those horse-drawn carriages. but being nestled up into a man's arms like this was so warm and comfortable. especially with the delicate stroking on your back made you incredibly sleepy... you rested your head onto his arm and let your eyelids fall...

~~~~~
you awake to the loud whinny of a horse. you're still being held by the pale gentleman. you slowly look up and your eyes widen as you see a MASSIVE Manor before you. wow! "nya!" you piped up. as the Butler opened the door for the young boy, you shrank back as he gave you a cold glare, walking past you. "that reminds me. do you have a name for this divine being?" asked the man holding you. the boy scoffs. "I don't care about that. just put it somewhere so it won't bother me." the boy sneered. you sadly whimper and shy away from him. why is he so mean..? you felt the Butler stiffen at his words. "my lord... with all do respect, you could at least acknowledge that she's a lady.." he suggested rather sharply. the boy glared back at him. "I can refer to it however I want. now stop obsessing over that animal and prepare for dinner." with that, he stomps away. meanie... "growr.." the man heaved a heavy sigh. "do forgive him. he had a long, tiring day. he isn't normally this rude to a lady.." he reassured you, massaging your head. "he's also got a tendency to be fickle.." he added you as he walked down a random hallway.

are... you sure..? "mew..?" you asked sadly, watching the butler's feet as he walked. children aren't normally THIS fickle... he smiled warmly down at you. "ever since we met... he can be quite a brat..." his voice darkened at the last part, catching you off guard. then... why don't you quit..? "mmeuuw..?" you asked curiously. his eyes narrow and suddenly the atmosphere grows heavy and dark. "I... have my reasons..." you stared long and hard at him. something really is off about this man.

did his eyes become slitted?
---
you are set on a table and pat on the head. "stay here, darling." he coos, leaving the room for a moment.

you take this time to reflect on your day. you've been reluctantly taken in by a young noble... that's incredibly bitter for his age. you puff out your cheeks in irritation. it's not right for a boy to be such a meanie! there must be at least a glimmer of happiness or joy in this child... everyone has a soft spot.. you huff and stamp a paw in determined anger. I shall find that spot! but I need to be easy. not too much or too little. just right! you purr to yourself at your little plan. it's foolproof!

you hear footsteps approach and you jerk your head up. you see the Butler walk in... and 3 other people. a strawberry blonde young man with large turquoise eyes with messy hair held back with 5 red Bobby pins, from the way he was dressed, he was the gardener. then a much taller, older man with blonde hair and blue eyes, holding a cigarette in his mouth. he also, strangely, had a pair of goggles around his neck. he was the cook, but was built like a tank.. finally a woman with maroon-red hair in pigtails and large circular glasses that seemingly hid her actually eyes. you leaned forward slightly, to try and get a better look... they looked to be hazel. either or, they must be the other servants. "mey-rin, bard, finny. this is the newest addition to the phantomhive estate." sebastian gestured warmly to you. oh, Hi! "myeaw!" you pipe up cheerfully waving a paw as best you can. in a comical fashion, they all immediately take a liking to you. "Oh she's so adorable, she is!" squealed the maid, Mey-rin. "she's quite a beaut now, ain't she? look at them big (color) eyes!" chuckled the cook, bard, trying to look tough, but couldn't take his eyes off yours. finny the gardener squealed and immediately tried to grab you, but his wrist was grabbed tightly by the Butler.

"now finny." the Butler snarled, causing the gardener to stiffen in fear. "I'm not letting you crush this precious creature..." you tipped your head to the side. crush? but he doesn't look that strong... is he? "but mr. sebastian, I'll be careful with her! I promise! pretty please?" he pleaded his eyes going from Butler sebastian to you. sebastian shook his head. "you have plenty of time to get to know her. for now we must prepared for her stay here." he said sternly, releasing his grip. finny's sad puppy dog eyes made you feel bad. you merely got of the table and strutted over to him and rubbed against his shin. Problem solved. he giggled and clapped his hands. "Oh, I think she likes me!" he squealed. the other two knelt down and began petting you, with finny joining in. of course, who are you to get free affection and not return it? you immediately rub against them and nuzzle their hands, purring like a motorboat. "wow, she's really soft for a stray." bard commented actually sounding surprised. "and she's very friendly and well-mannered, she is!" praised mey-rin. in the middle of the affection fest, sebastian suddenly grabs you, interrupting it all. heEEEY!!? "that's enough now." he says rather sharply.

"ey now, don't hog er'!" bard snapped, standing up. sebastian shook his head. "there is work to be done, first. in your free time you may coddle her all you want." he said blandly. "for now though, let's let her roam around." he placed you in the hallway and patted your back, signalling you to trot away.

you then smirk inwardly as you go to find that boy.

Time to set the plan in motion...