chapter 49

"Ah, there you are."

The young boy smiled cooly as you entered, in which the three servants that were lined up in his room brightened up almost instantly at seeing you pad your way in, your tail held high up and swaying subtly in the air in wonderment and delight.

"Hiya there, (name)!" finny greets in his normally cheerful tone.

"Well now, if it isn't the hound-tamer 'erself!" Bard chuckled light-heartedly. "Good to see yer still in one piece!"

"Hello, milady!" Mey-rin curtseyed politely.

You give a polite, cheery Purreow! to the trio, inwardly smirking at their soft chuckles of adoration before directing your attention back on your young master, your mouth curled with a polite smile, sitting yourself in front of his desk. You wanted to see me, sir? "Mearow?" Ciel smiled thinly and gestured you onto his desk, in which you complied without question. After giving your back a few strokes, he motions you to sit down in front of him, in which you do so with no hesitation.

He looks you up and down with his single eye before suddenly attaching a new tag to your collar; a large shiny sapphire on one side and your name engraved into the metal holding it in place on the other side. "Do try not to damage this." He cautioned sternly, after making sure it was on securely. "It was quite a challenge to get." You bowed your head humbly. That was when you noticed the old fashioned camera sitting beside you on his desk. You sniffed at it curiously and looked at the child in question, while laying your paw over it. Are we going photographing? "Mreow?" He hums, running a hand over your head again. "In a way. I just got through explaining it to through explaining it to the servants," he pulls the camera close to him and holds it up. "This is a very special camera, for a single photograph shows something of very special value to its subject." he explained, making your eyes widen. "Something... that is not of this world."

Ooooh... fancy. "nyaow." Ciel hums in amusement at your enthusiasm, standing from his seat and getting in behind of his camera, going under a blanket. But are you sure its not just a hoax, sir? "Mreoaw?" He spares you a glance from under the blanket. "Let's take a picture and find out, shall we?" he then camera at finny, who stiffens suddenly. "Don't move," he orders, while he motions you to lense cap. "The exposure takes 10 seconds." As you delicately pawed off the lense cap, the other 2 servants look on in wonderment. "What exactly is exposure?" Mey-rin questions. "It's basically the camera is copying an image of finny." Bard explains.

You nodded in affirmation as ciel prepared to make the shot. "Stay still, or the image will blurr and we won't get a good picture." Finny becomes rigid at this, looking as if he's trying with every ounce of his power to remain still. You sneered in mild concern, your eyes flickering between him and your master, who was slowly counting. "8... 9.... 10." With that, he motions you to put the cap back on and comes out from under the blanket. "All done."

almost instantly, finny slumps forward, exhaling a breath of what you assumed was relief. "You didn't have to hold your breath the whole time.." ciel muttered blankly, making the teen look up at him with wide eyes. You purred in amusement at the cute look of confusion on finny's face. Such innocence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this is how photos are developed...

You watched from your place on ciel's shoulder, watching as he fished a small piece of paper from a small tub of fluid with a pair of tongs.

After a moment, the image of finny materialized perfectly on the paper, and to your surprise, something else was with him! you leaned forward slightly, squinting your eye against the room's dim lighting.

...is that... a bird?

"Since when have you had a bird?" Bard asked, incredulous himself.
~~~~~~~~

"I gave it food every day, until eventually it started eating out of my hand." Finny explained. "I was so happy.. but when I went to gave it a gentle pat and-"

SNAP!

you flinched watching as the solid wooden bear statue's head snapped off its shoulders, landing on your master's office floor with a thud.

"...my little friend never moved again."

Your eyes went wide, and you leaned back in astonishment and mild shock. So... the bird thing was true. you looked down at the camera, eyes narrowed in suspicion.

So... by otherworldly...

It means dead...

Not only the dead, but it appears to expose the ones they care about most.

Well that's an spooky device, ain't it? "Mrooarw?" You muttered, pawing at it gingerly. Ciel snorted softly to himself in amusement. So, what do you want with it? "Meorw?" You tilted your head at him, to which his smile widens.

"I want you to take a picture of sebastian." He states simply. "But do it discreetly; I don't want him noticing."

"So you mean like, a candid photo?" Bard asked, taking an immediate interest in the task. Your master nods, setting a hand on your back. "That's right." Your eyes go wide and sparkly in interest. Mey-rin became flustered at the thought. "Really, to show who sebastian cares about most??" You flicked your tail, lowering yourself to the desk, tucking your limbs beneath you into your typical resting position. Oohh, that should be interesting... "Mmrroow..." you murmured, yawning while ciel pats your head. Finny looked curious. "That's something I'd like to see."

"Bloody right, finny!" Bard exclaims, in a sudden aggression, making you flinch subtly. "He's always bossing us around and mocking my artistic cooking methods!" Bard rants while mey-rin is swooning to herself like she typically does when sebastian is mentioned. Finny just stands there, gingerly petting your head.

"He's as human as we are!"

"He's got to at least have a weakness or two! And NOW'S our chance to see em!"

You and ciel smirk at them, as ciel runs his hand over your back. "You'll handle it?"

They then stand straight and at attention.

"AS YOU WISH YOUNG MASTER!"

After a moment they break into cheers, pleased at their supposed "impersonation" of him.

While they were distracted, you leaned closer to ciel's ear. "Do you truly think that'll work, sir?" You whispered, eyeing the camera. "There's no telling what's to be captured, especially with him." Ciel nods, as if he knew this, before giving you a cheeky smirk. "Indeed. That's what we will be finding out, my dear."

"...that smile has a lot of mischief in it." You blankly look at him, to which he exhales in amusement. "Oh dear (name)..."

"...you know me too well."
~~~~~~~

I really need to get back to the BB stuffs-