chapter 45

despite yourself, you find that you leaned into the white hair creature's chest as your visibly displeased master steps into view, looking you with a glare that could send you to the 7th layer of hell itself. h-hello, good sir! "M-mreoow!" you greeted nervously to the disgruntled boy, to which he narrows his eye in what looks like irritation. uh... I know this doesn't look good, b-but you have to understa- "m..mmmreoo-" Ciel sighs loudly, crossing his arms in disappointment, lowering his head and shutting his eye. "you have been quite the rebellious girl since we came here, (name)." he grumbles, shaking his head. he lifts his head back up to glare at you, a thin look of bemusement on his visage now. "I'd think you'd learn from the past events to avoid such tomfoolery." you snorted lightly. forgive my bluntness, sir, but my species is known to bend the rules your species sets, if not break them completely. "mmrreoooaw.." you replied, trying not to sound crossed. but at least in this case... it's to put an end to this.. doggone legend. eh? "puuuuurrreow?"

very clever, cat. "grrrruuurrgh..." you look up to the white haired man to see him roll his ruby eyes, with the slightest ghost of a grin. you hum to yourself, smiling proudly at your joke. I know. "mew." you reply, flicking your tail against his shoulder. your master didn't seem very convinced, and you frowned in defeat, letting your head drop. I'm in deep trouble now.

"Pluto!"

you flick your ear up at the sound of a familiar, honey sweet voice call from a far. isn't... that..? "MNYAH!?" you squawk as you're abruptly dropped onto your paws as the man, suddenly drops you and runs onto all fours to that lavender haired woman you knew far too well. Angela... he greets the woman into a hug, licking her face cheerfully, giving you a minor start. er... she OWNS this thing??

how??
~~~~~~~~~~

"I found him last month," she explained that evening, as you sat at your master's feet, listening in. "I love dogs, and he was so adorable that I just had to feed him." you smirked, snickering in your thoat. the great ADORABLE demon hound. Pluto glared at you out of one eye, as if he were saying 'watch yourself'. "he does have a bad habit of turning human when he gets too excited, but..." you snorted incredulously. this broad has the nerve to try and pass this act off as a bloody habit now. "you've kept him without telling him?" sebastian queries, prompting the woman to lift her almost somber gaze to the man. "yes, Lord Barrymore was using the legend of the demon hound, controlling villagers." her purple eyes, filled with the look of what appears to be pity as she continued. "but in truth, he feared the hound more than anyone else." remorse started to seep into the woman's features, causing a jolt of concern to run through your chest. "I didn't know what would happen to Pluto if he found out..." she now almost looked guilty. "I see now that I was too indulgent." she set a hand onto Pluto's head. "I never thought the sweet little thing would hurt lord Barrymore." her gaze then lifts to you, looking more mournful than you thought was possible. "or cause such trouble to a sweet little creature such as that one.." you blinked at the woman, slightly humbled by her guilt, and you simply nod your head at her, prompting the woman to give the faintest ghost of a grin. "such a sweet girl.." her eyes suddenly flash with an idea as she snaps her head up to meet your master's gaze once again.

"I beg you, master! would you be so kind as to keep him at your manor?"

your heart about dropped to your paws as the words slowly ran through your head. now this maiden has the gull to DUMP this monstrosity onto our proud estate?? "you want us to keep that monster!?" bard exclaims, to which Angela quickly answers. "he needs a firm hand," she explains. "not only sebastian could teach him how to be a good dog, but your magnificent feline could be an excellent role model for him!" her gaze then slides to you, a bright almost pleading glint shining in her eyes. "can't you, my sweet mistress?" your pupils shrank and your mouth opened, not knowing how to respond. "I think not." sebastian spoke, sounding stern. "I'm sure the mistress has had quite enough of dogs for now," his eyes were narrowed in disgust. "besides, I'm one hell of a Butler, not one hell of a dog trainer..."

"...why not?"

....wwwwhat? "mmmmreow?" you twisted around to look up at the master with wide startled eyes. he had a mischievous smirk on his face as he continued. "yes... it sounds amusing, in several ways. after all..." he suddenly directs his gaze down to you. "..it's an addition to your punishment." you stared at your master in disbelief for several moments before letting your head drop, sighing in bitter defeat. I guess that's fair... "meoaw..." Ciel snickers to himself, about to speak up again, until the rumble of the villager's hurried footsteps suddenly interrupts him, as they all ran up to the still erupting hot springs, dropping to their knees and and weeping... tears of joy? what is all this now? "there is a legend in this village." Angela states. "when the sins of our ancestors against dogs are fully atoned for, the land will weep tears of forgiveness." you roll your eyes inwardly at this. how many legends are in this damned place? "don't they realize the hot spring has been here all along, though?" you shook your head, sighing at their dullness. it doesn't matter anymore. "mreow." you huffed tiredly. it's finally over. a job well done. "meow." Ciel hummed, and lowered his arm to you, to which you climbed and perched yourself onto his shoulder. "Indeed, my dear." He mused.

"The case is officially closed."
~~~~~~~~

Rewriting a few things in here before I continue with it.