chapter 8

it's been months since you've joined the phantomhive manor, now. Ciel has finally started to view you as a creature worthy of his attention.

after seeing your abnormally high intelligence displayed before him, he started to train you to do things that would appeal to his needs. at first it was small things, like fetching him things or to keep an eye on the servants and report back to him and what not. soon, after seeing the grace in how you go about doing things, he upped his training and started to teach you on how to play chess and other board games. at first, you were very bad, making wrong moves and losing frequently. but with much patience, you were as good as he was. it was actually quit fun. finally, he really did seem to grow attached to you, as he now started teaching you gestures on when he wanted you in his lap, embrace, or just to sit at his side. He even got replaced your old cat bed and gave you an extravagant new one. Though he seemed to only use it if you or he was sick or injured. You sleeping place was at his side on his bed. He felt better having you sleep at his side.

a few more weeks in, he started speaking to you much more. at first to just praise you for your good efforts or to inform you on tonight's dinner or just to be good while he was out. soon however, he began to speak more to you. speak to you about what's on his mind or how his day was and stuff like that. it pleased him when you shook or nodded your head to respond to his questions or agreed with him on some matter. it was good to know you actually listened and actually understood him. soon, he'd just openly speak with you, digging into more personal things about himself. his childhood for example. he'd at first give you small bits and pieces of it. how he played with his aunt and snuggled with his parents on stormy nights. details a person like him never spoke about to nearly anyone. even he was surprised at this. He really did trust you, now..

at first his memories started out peaceful.. but soon it fell into a deeper, darker pit of the brutal end of it all. his parents had been brutally killed and his Manor was set a flame. not only that, but he was then abducted and brutally tortured by a cult. this was where he got his brand that he actually showed you. this explains his lack of... happiness. hell, he even lost his positive outlook on life. he even lost his faith in god. not the best traits children should bare... he said that he will nonetheless get back at those who have wronged him. and to do this, he told you the final piece of his life... the contract. ciel, a 13 year old boy, formed a contract with sebastian, that demon butler. he showed it from under his eyepatch. that purple pentagram that shined eerily... it just hurt at the fact that once his wish is over, he had to die.

so, you decided to make a mission for yourself. to give ciel what he had mercilessly lost. to give him back his happiness. joy and love. even if it hurt..

you'd start out simply, by curling up with him on his large bed each night to listen to his slightly exaggerated stories of his past or just watched him do paperwork. although he was still kind of cold and bitter, he's grown very attached to you, treating you better than anyone he encountered. maybe even valuing you as a faithful companion. Like a friend... or even family.

you could tell this when you were around the servants. he'd sternly tell bard to wash his hands before touching you and to stop making you eat his fire-powered cooking, fearing you could get ill. then mey-rin, as long as she wasn't walking or holding anything so she would trip and hurt you, she could hold and pet you. finny... he near enough lectured him on being careful with you, telling him how to hold you properly and to not crush you beneath his inhuman strength. from what you heard, he's accidentally crushed a bird when he tried to pet it.

and now sebastian... yeah, he really wouldn't let sebastian near you. he didn't want sebastian to be distracted from his butler duties. well.. that and the way he coddled you and kiss up to you made Ciel sick with envy. it was cute to say the least, but you did enjoy getting such attentions from a handsome creature. of course, he still did find a way to show his affections toward you. When master was occupied or napping, he'd always snatched you up and cuddling and petting you. Now you'd have to admit, you loved this handsome creature's attention. But, at times he was quite suffocating... pulling your paws up to view your squishy (color) pads and holding your arms up to stroke your supple belly fur. He REALLY did admire a cats... maybe too much.

then... he officially decided to give you the Phantomhive look. you were then gifted with a specially made silver collar bedazzled in blue sapphires resembling your master's one ring on his thumb. it was equipped with a large shiny silver bell that jingled softly with each step. you absolutely adored it.

and yet, despite you being utterly spoiled and pampered, you were still the kind, sweet, naive kitten you were. over time however... you're personality has changed. you slowly froze over to be as cold and mature as your master.

and right now you were purring as you sat curled on ciel's desk, watching as he read something while stroking your soft, shiny back fur. "you know... despite me not being fond of cats..." he muttered out loud. you turned your attention to him. "...I'm glad to have you, (name)." he said, smiling slightly. you purred louder.

I'm glad to have met you to, young master. "Mreeow...." you replied, making him chuckle and continue working.