chapter 30

Ciel blinked, taken back from your words. "You. What..?" he asked, almost in a whisper. you nod, hardening your gaze. "yes, ciel. I don't regret what I did. know why? because I care, ciel." you said, a voice harder than a Dimond. "I care about you. so much so, I couldn't bare to think of you facing an opponent that could potentially cause you harm. do you understand?" he sat there, staring in astonishment. He blinked and tried to take back control of the argument. "But you-"

You stopped him, raising to your paws and lashing your tail. "there might be times where sebastian WON'T be able to handle something. and if he couldn't get to you, I would. I would gladly give my life up for you." you dig your claws into the wood of the desk and your eyes constrict into slits. "I can't stop you from wanting revenge. nor can I change your cold outlook on the cruelty of the world. I can't melt the ice that has grown into your soul, ciel." ciel leaned back slightly as you thrust your head forward into his face. "but I don't give a damn. no matter what say or do, you're still a child. and I will try in vain to make what's left of your childhood the least bit enjoyable. why? you deserve happiness. every ounce of it. while you seek to give all the pain and humiliation to those who gave it to you, I, in turn shall give you the joy and love you lost so mercilessly. no matter what you call me, or how you treat me, I will always hold a love for you as any dog could to their beloved master. Why? Well, Because not only are you still a child.. " You slammed your paw down with each word that left your mouth. "but it's because I F****ING CARE ABOUT YOU."

silence came across the two of you as ciel stared at you, dumbfounded, wide-eyed and mouth hanging open as you caught your breath. you shut your eyes and shake your head. "I'm sorry, milord. but it's the truth. I love you dearly... I only want you to be happy. I don't want you to die before knowing what true happiness is." You sigh and lower your head. "Now you are free to do or say whatever you please now. I will take those words, however harsh they may be. But now you know. And there's no taking that back" you said, sitting and swaying your tail expectantly. you didn't care anymore. the truth was out and that was that. no matter what happened, he now knows the truth. After what felt like hours finally, your master did something.

he... sniffled..?

you blinked and looked up, astonished as you witnessed tears well up in his deep blue eye, he lowering his gaze to his feet. "...y-you." he whispered, letting the tear run down his face. "You s-stupid feline..." he said voice soft but still upset. Tears flowed down his face now, even from under his eyepatch. "maybe I don't want you to die for me!" he snapped his head up, slamming his hands onto the desk, prompting you to jolt back. "I don't want you to die! don't you see?!" he wiped his eyes and grit his teeth. "You've already made me remember what joy was... why would I want that taken away from me?" he sniffled. your eyes widened in shock. he lowered his head, not bothering to stop the tears from dripping from his eye and onto the wood. "I don't want all of that taken away from me just yet... I don't want you dead before me. do you understand? you're the light to my darkest of nights, (name)." He looks up at you... his face showing an emotion you couldn't explain. "you're the best thing that has happened to me in my life, you see... like you said.. you're... you're my life bind." you blinked at Ciel in astonishment. Never before has he shown you such a side to him. It warmed you so much.. he really was attached to you. then smiled happily as nuzzled his chin, purring rather loudly. "master.. no kinder words have ever touched my heart better than yours... thank you... so much..." you look up at him... and a genuine smile crept across his face.

he sniffled again, wiping his cheeks. "don't get used to it, that was this time and this time only.." he said, embarrassment in his tone. you snort in amusement. "keep this meeting a secret between us, then..." He ordered, trying to regain his mature persona. you snickered. "yes, my lord." you said, trying not to sound sarcastic.

~~~~~
later that night, Ciel was swinging a string toy around, smiling as he watched you bat it with your paws. finally he set it aside and yawned. "I believe that is enough today." he mutter. you yourself yawned. finally... we can rest easy. "mmrrow." you muttered to yourself as you flopped to your side. "Tell me about it.." ciel replied tiredly. oh, that's right! "I've been meaning to ask, master.." you start. he hums as he turns to you. "how did you manage to understand me before hand..? you know, before I could figure out I could speak human?"

ciel didn't look at you or move. he just laid on his back, sighing, his eyes shut. "that is a question I don't know myself. somehow.. it's as if there's a translation in the back of my mind when you speak... and I'm just... able to understand you... much like you understand me." he opens his eyes then sits up and picks you up under your arms. he lays on his back and holds you up in the air, staring with one illuminated purple eye and a rich Sapphire eye. both held a genuinely deep care for you. "Promise to remain loyal to me. never leave my side. and please.. be more careful." he said.

you stare at him. ciel, the stoic, prideful, mature head of the phantomhives, looked like the cute, innocent young little child he should be at the moment. you purr loudly in place of warm laughter. of course, sir. like i said, no matter what, I shall be with you. now, until your wish is fulfilled. "Puuurrreowrr." you replied warmly, yet playfully. He hummed and smiled, hugging you into his chest. "thank you. So much, (name)." he mutters. he places you at his side and covers you up. then he does something astonishing.

he places a soft kiss on your head.

"goodnight, sweet (name)." he mutters, wrapping an arm around you. warmth spread all across your chest as you nestled closely to him.

"goodnight, master..."