chapter 39

you grin wider. the jig is up, my man. "what!?" Henry gasped, clearly startled now. "what evidence do you have?" you simply trot over to a brown dog and tap his muzzle. if you'd please. "mew." he nods and, with effort, spits out a small dog shaped skull out if his mouth. thanks much! "meow!" you chirp, pawing the skull to sebastian. oh, no problem kitty cat. "raarf." he whispers cheerfully. sebastian picks up the skull and shows it to the crowd. "it was found in your mansion, I confirmed the teeth marks on James match the teeth in this skull." the crowd is quite taken aback by this, and Harry breaks out in a sweat. "do you see it now, the truth behind the demon hound?"

you then trot over to a projector and press a button, showing the same wolf head silhouette in the grey clouds. I was stupid to have fallen for this. "it's shadow is nothing but a projection." you stepped back, looking quite smug. you then trot over to sebastian as he takes out a small bottle of that illuminating dust. "the glowing is phosphorescent dust.." he tips it over and pours it onto the ground near your paws. "sprinkled onto a normal dog." you inhale and blow into it, creating a glowing green cloud. "the demon hound is merely an illusion, a story made-up by an evil man." Ciel speaks up. "the man you let rule your village. this man. Henry Barrymore."

"No! this is all nonsense!" he tries to sound angry, but you can scent his fear on him. "you can't fool them, where's your evidence!?" you raise your chin and trot over to the bound dog. you hold a paw out to him. may I? "mreow?" almost at once, he spits his trinket out. here, take it, you've earned this! "Yip!" he pipes cheerfully. you purr and nodded and turned around and held up the small cloth for everyone to see. "what I fine material. I wonder why the dog was so eager to hang on to it." sebastian steps out of the way as you walk up to the crowd so they can get a closer look. "interesting behavior, don't you think?"

Harry now had the look of fear. "wha.. what the hell..!?" you narrowed your eyes at the man as sebastian elaborated. "yes, a scrap of cloth from your pants." he stated coldly. "torn off by James' dog after you attacked his master. you recognize it, yes?"

Harry was cornered now. his people were turning on him. the truth was revealed and there was no turning back. "give up barrymore!" ciel called to him. "it's all over now!" yeah! you killed my master! you will pay! pay I tell you! "BARK! ARF! ARF! BARK!" James' dog flew off his hinges for a moment pulling at his chain and barking furiously at the man, foaming at his mouth. you trotted to him, and pushed him back with your forepaws. easy. your master has been avenged now. "meow.." you muttered to him, pushing him back, glancing back as they picked the guilty man up and carry him away. you snort and nod.

good riddance.
----------

James' dog looked at you, the upmost graduate as you unchained him, using your long claws as keys to undo the lock. thank you so much, kitty cat! you didn't have to save me, but you did! not only that, but you even avenged my master! "Bark! Raf!" he yipped happily, wagging his tail. you shook your head. hey, you're amazing yourself. defending your master till the end. you've earned a second chance in life. "meow." you reply, placing a paw on his shoulder. the dog suddenly licks your face, covering it in smelly dog slobber. Thank you! thank you, thank you! "Bark arf! arf!" he gushed. you leap back and use your paw to wipe your face off. not.. a problem. "mreow..." you say, breathlessly, trying to hide your disgust. the dog looks you over, sniffing at your dirty, bloody body. you sure you're gonna be okay? "Rrruuor?" he asked, worriedly. you nod reassuringly. no worries, my friend. I'm just a bit banged up. I may get an earful from my master for doing this to myself, but I'll survive. it was worth it after all. "mrreeoowww." you reassure softly. you put your paw on his shoulder. what about you? with no master.. what's your plans now? "mew?" you ask in concern. he looks down, with a solemn expression. he suddenly looks up, a fire in his eyes. I... I'm gonna gather the rest of master's dogs.. and start a pack! to live freely and roam the village! "Bark!" he states firmly.