chapter 15

"mrow!" you yip as your head shoots up. You had quite a nightmare. Standing in the middle of somewhere with the sickening smell of blood all around you. You heard multiple voices spouting things that weren't clear. You awoke from the feeling of a cold hand on your shoulder. you look around to see that you were safely curled up in ciel's room. you were curled up closely against ciel as he slept soundly against you, snoring softly. you mentally sighed and squinted though the curtains. it was still dark out. it must have been late. you saw the moon's light pour through the small crack through the curtains and made the bed's white sheets glow ever so slightly. you nestled closer to ciel as the weird dream haunted your thoughts. what was that all about...? who was talking to me? "mmmm..." came a tired moan. your ear rotates as you turn your head towards ciel's face.

his eyes opened ever so slightly and tiredly looked at you. you blinked back at him with friendly (color) eyes and the two of you stared at each other for a few minutes. he murmured as he yawned and slowly shut his eyes again. this time... he extended an arm out to you and hugged you closer to his body. you started purring as all the unease and fear melted into oblivion. you shut your eyes and fell back asleep in the warm feeling of ciel hugging you like a teddy bear.
------
"master. it is time for you to wake up." came sebastian's voice. you slowly blink awake as you raise your head to see sebastian open the curtains. you flinch as the sun's bright rays of light fill the room. around that time, Ciel stirs awake and stretches his arms. "good morning, (name)..." he muttered tiredly as he sat up and yawned. you hear sebastian inform Ciel of his breakfast and schedule of the day as he dressed him. you yawn and blink the sleep out of your eyes. you then slowly get up and go to stretch your limbs. but you forgot all about your injured leg and the pain surges through your leg like lightning. OWWUCH! "raaa!" you squeal, catching ciel's attention. "be careful, (name)! your leg.." he warned, putting a hand on your back. sebastian then walked over to you and removed the old cloth from your leg. he then wraps a (color) cloth tightly around it. "I suggest staying off your leg, mistress." he cooes, petting your head before head before standing upright. "I'll wait for you at the dining table, master." he stated bowing briefly before exiting the room. ciel finishes his tea and sets it aside and looks at you.

"I'll be damned if I let you out of my sights again." he grumbled, sliding off his bed. he stared at you deeply, worry instilled in his face. you stared back, not knowing what he's thinking of doing. after a moment of silence, his eyes flash as if an idea struck him. slowly, he reached out and gently picked you up. "until you heal.. I'll be keeping you off your paws." he muttered. what ever you say, master. "meow." you simply replied. he smirks in satisfaction and then exits his room.

-----
breakfast went on as usual. aside from the mishaps caused by the new skittish, clumsy Butler with long, brown hair held back in a ponytail with a red ribbon. you never knew why, but you always had a bad feeling around him. his vibe felt very off. but you brushed it off as being paranoid. after breakfast, ciel and sebastian had to go out and get something. of course you were brought along due to ciel's distrust of you being left alone again. after dressing you in a (color) cloak and little matching top hat, you were on your way.

 after dressing you in a (color) cloak and little matching top hat, you were on your way

----------
while walking through the streets, ciel had you perched on his shoulder. people who recognized you greeted you warmly and complimented your new way of life. ciel was a bit annoyed, but nonetheless did his best to ignore it. the time you were out there, you heard a bit of clamoring about murder. that made your blood run cold as you trembled lightly. who would be clever enough to murder... and get off Scott free? "are you shivering, (name)?" asked ciel, sounding a mix between monotone and concern. you force yourself to stop your trembling and shake your head. ciel, a touch skeptical, replies with. "mm. Very well." you mentally huff. I have nothing to worry about. You mentally note. I'm the companion of the queen's guard dog after all.
----------
at last you reach the Phantomhive manor. at this point ciel had sebastian carry you, because he thought you shivering was you struggling to keep balance with your bad leg. "I'll prepare you some tea for master. and a bowl of cream for you, mistress." sebastian states goes up to the door and opens it for you and ciel. you and ciel look at each other as he enters the Manor. he abruptly stops dead in his tracks with an almost horrified look on his face. you and sebastian look at him, confused. what's wrong? you think as you and sebastian look at the manor.

your mouth dropped at the what they saw.