chapter 12

Note: it can get pretty violent at this part
------
as the first man lunged at you, you leapt gracefully out if the way. "What the!?" he cried out as you landed on his back. you whip around and sink your teeth into his neck, earning a cry from him. you taste the warm, metallic blood on your mouth as you leave a deep gash in his soft neck. he howled in pain and clutched his neck, before falling to the ground. you leapt off him to the next guy, latching onto his head. as he grabbed at you, violently tread your clawed back feet on his face, leaving deep claw marks. as he throws you off and clutches his face kneeling down, you leapt at him and slashed at the side of his head with enough force to knock him to his side. another man reached for you but you gave him a clean, Swift slash across his wrist. he started to panic as blood poured from the wound and you took this opportunity to leapt into his back and bite the back of his neck, he flails at the sudden pain in the back of his neck and staggers about before bashing his head into a table, knocking him out. you leapt off of him and stepped back and crouched and watched as they writhed on the ground. you shouldn't have never screwed with a cat from the Phantomhive household! "mreoooww..." you growled in triumph as they trembled and moaned.

suddenly, you are struck with a blunt force striking your shoulder. you shriek as you skid across the floor. reeling from the trauma, you look up to see who you missed. there stood azzurro. a furious look in his eyes. "you couldn't be a good little kitten and wait, could you?" he rumbled in annoyance as he approached you. you narrowed your eyes as you went to get up. You notice your one foreleg dangled limply as you rose to your remaining paws. "look what happened now... see what happens when you don't cooperate? you go and get yourself hurt." cooed the sadistic man as he picked you up by the scruff. he looked you up and down at your bloodstained mouth and paws. "jeez. I guess I underestimated you a little. didn't expect you to be half as smart as the Phantomhive boy claimed you to be. but now I have a better reason to raise the price..." he muttered. then he brought a band to your chin.

"of course after getting you clean and repairing the damages..." upon contact, you lashed at his hand and bit his finger. he cried out and dropped you to the ground. as you scurried towards the door, he grabs your tail. on reflex you latch onto his arm and claw and bite into it. He yelled, cursing and spitting, flailing his arm. You were strong for a cat! With a desperate, pain filled yell, he bashes you into the wall and you fall into the floor, knocking the air out of you. you lay on the ground, dazed, tired and aching all over. you pant as azzurro looms over you. "ah... I hope you'll be worth this trouble, you little rat." he growled, rubbing his arm. pretty soon, you start to fade from consciousness. before you black out, you hear azzurro call out in confusion.

"who the hell are you?!"