chapter 7

you head down the stairs and stop on a step when you over here Damiano's conversation. he had somehow sold off the factory he was in charge of and was trying to make ciel give him money for his own personal gain.. a growl rose in your throat as you sat on the staircase. you then took a seat on the staircase to continue listening. He's not afraid, as master is a mere child. underestimating master ciel, are we? once finished, he heads up the stairs to meet with ciel once again. he pauses as he meets your narrow eyed gaze. he's slightly taken aback, but soon chuckles. he then crouches to your height, inching to your face, his smelly cigar breath burning your nostrils.

"I suppose you heard my little conversation?" he coos, clearly mocking you. you stared in silent hatred in response, lashing your tail behind you. "don't go telling your master now!" he jokes dryly. after not getting a reply he chuckles and shakes his head. "that's a good kitty." after a sloppy pat on the head, he continues his way up, with you watching him coldly.
~~~~

you walk down the staircase and walk down the hallway, where you meet sebastian standing there. oh! hello, Mr. Michaelis! "mreow!" you politely greet him. he smiled at you happily as you approach, crouching down to your height. "hello my darling. you're a sight for sore eyes." he coos, this time with charm in his tone as he pets and itches your head tenderly. you purr loudly and nuzzle against his fingers. he's getting all the good spots... If only most humans were like you... "mrreow..." you muttered. you then squint your eyes. he's like.. the perfect human.. maybe.. too perfect a human... you look up at him curiously. you are human... right..? Or are you secretly a cat of some kind? "meow?" you ask, feeling a bit silly for asking such a question. he smiled, a bit more deviously. as he went to convey his answer, a cry of agony, followed by the heavy thudding of a man falling down the stairs alerted you both. well, mostly you. sebastain just seemed to not mind. in fact, his grin widened. "perhaps you'd like to stick around to show see the a glimpse of who I am?" he asks ominously. his eyes suddenly flash a light pink and become slitted. you blink several times, taken back from this..

but your curiosity gets the better of you and you give a soft nod.
~~~~

Damiano crawls helplessly down the stairs, his right leg dragging uselessly behind him. as he crawled, he came up to a pair of long black clothed legs. he caught sight of your spiteful (color) eyes behind them for a brief moment before he slowly looked up to meet the eyes of none other than that devious butler himself. "surely you're not leaving the Manor yet, sir?" sebastian asked, rather grimly.

The man was clearly spooked. looks like he's seen a ghost... frightened even of the butler. it was... kinda funny.. it was there, when he turned, you saw his leg. it looked as if it were twisted in an impossible angle. this made your belly clench in disgust at the thought. how could a fall down the stairs cause that..!? it looks like it was twisted round by someone! sebastian slowly began to advance toward the man, reminding him of the full "Phantomhive treatment" and how he had lost his leg and had to move half the number of spaces. Jeez. though watching the thieving scoundrel getting his comeuppance was quite satisfying, you couldn't help but notice on how much sebastian was enjoying this... just taunting the man, as he crawls across the ground helplessly. he sure does enjoy taunting others.. maybe a bit too much. he eventually crawls onto a random room and promptly shuts the door behind him. Dummy.. the kitchen has little to no places to hide.

you both enter the kitchen, with you expecting him to be cornered.. but.. he wasn't in there. What? almost immediately, sebastian strolls over to the only spot that any foolish person would hide. you look at him curiously for a moment and he brings a finger to this mouth into a shushing sign. without further ado, he then turns the oven on. your eyes widened with shock. he opened the small slider in the oven and began to taunt the man further more. "what an impatient guest we have. you couldn't even restraint yourself until dessert was out of the oven."

you feel your mouth go dry as you hear the horrified cries of Damiano, as he pounds on the metal doors, begging for him to open it. instead of doing so, however, he just starts to list off the traditional desserts of England. though, the ones he lists are those that contain... meat. he's just getting a kick out of this, isn't he?! he then closes the slider and turns to you. as if he doesn't hear the screams of a man being cooked alive, he smiles gently and approaches you. "come along, dear." he scoops you up and tenderly itches your ears. you... are going to let him out... right..? "Reow..?" your voice was tiny. he pats your head gently as he exits the room. "of course, my dearest creature. if I were to leave him in there for too long, his skin will stick to the interior and ruin it." he states nonchalantly. you blink, complete floored at his complete lack of empathy. it's as if he lacks regard of human life!

"don't worry about that, my dear. you've been a very good girl today. why don't I reward you with treats made specially for you?" he coos sweetly. your ears perk at this and you nod. he chuckles and itches your cheek. "there's a good girl."
~~~~~~~~

he brings you back to ciel's location and sets you by the door before taking his leave. ciel motions you over to him, in which you obediently do so. he stares down at your for a moment before shutting his eye. "Well, (name). I must say, I am impressed with your act to day." he murmers, his voice monotone and quiet. but you still widen your eyed in happiness at his praise. "perhaps you aren't as annoy a creature I thought you'd be." he continued, looking down. "nonetheless, I expect more of this behavior from you. that shouldn't be a problem now, should it?" he glared for a moment down at you. you force your fur to lay flat at his tone and you bow your head to him. yes, master. "meow." you lift your head, and your suddenly feel his small fingers scratch your head gently. "very good. then we might get along better than expected..."

you hold your head up and purr in accomplishment.

I did it! I'm Phantomhive approved!