chapter 9

on a breezy afternoon, you sat curled in ciel's lap, taking in the delicate strokes of his small hand on your body. he is currently in a meeting with a group, consisting of a tall fair skinned man with his eyes seemingly shut, accompanied with a golden eyed woman, another woman whose attire consisted of a vivid red from head to toe. lastly, a blonde, shady looking man with a scar running across his face. they've been talking about things that you don't really understand in the slightest. but it had something to with the crimes of England, lately. who could be causing all this mayhem? "mrreow..." you muttered as you listened in on some of the cases. "now... about that cat of yours..." the red woman said, turning her attention to you.

"yes? what about her?" ciel asked running his fingers through your (length) fur. "you're allergic to cats, aren't you? how are you not affected by this one?" she asked looking at you quizzically. the man leaned towards you and examimed you with his shut eyes carefully. ...somehow. "ah, that's a javanese. a breed of cat that doesn't produce much of a certain protein to trigger allergies." he said. Ciel smirked and nodded patting your head. "Yes. she is one of a kind." he said, earning a purr from you. "but Ciel, aren't you dogs and horses?" madam red asked, raising her eyebrow. "oh, I am. but this cat.. is not like most animals. (name), fetch me a pastry." he ordered, eyeing you sternly. you obediently got up, stretched and pounced down from his lap and made your way towards the table.

"unlike most..." he began, watching as you carefully pawed a single macaroon off it's platter, careful not to let your fur touch the cream, and onto a small dish. "she's more human than any animal I've ever encountered. she follows orders when given to her. she's quite elegant and graceful in her tasks.. she bares an intelligence I never knew a domestic animal could even can harbor.. taking it slow and patient like a lioness hunting her helpless prey... waiting for the proper moment to strike.." he went on as you carefully took the plate into your mouth and leapt off the table and trotted to ciel. "she alsi understands me better than any dog has." he takes the plate as you sit at his feet. "don't you, (name)?" he asked, looking at you with a sly smirk. yes, master. "mraoow." you meowed softly. He grinned as took a bite. "That's a good girl."

"wow! that's quite a feline you have there. she's almost like sebastian, only smaller and covered in fur." commented lau. "But from what I remember, javanese cats are actually quite rare, especially here in London. I wonder how she had gotten all the here?" lau questioned, tipping his head slightly to the side. "well, perhaps it was just a fateful coincidence." he stated. ciel muttered as he finished the macaroon, leaving some cream on his index finger. "nonetheless... she is very useful..." he muttered, sitting upright. "an excellent Phantomhive Huntress." he grinned, extending his hand towards you. you immediately lick the cream from his finger in a slow manner to savor the taste. afterwards he sits back and looks at you, signaling you to jump onto his lap. you did so and curled back up into your previous resting position. ciel smiles and places his hand back onto your body. "Well now. she is a special one, isn't she?" asked madam red, smiling brightly. "she's very priceless indeed, Lord phantomhive.." said Azzurro, staring at you. Ciel narrows his eyes at his stare. "indeed..." he murmered simply as they continued their game of pool.

the whole time Azzurro was taking glances at you with a very devious grin on his face. your ears slightly flatten as you kept catching his stare. I have a bad feeling about this guy... "mmrrrrrorrr.." you lowly meow, barely audible with the voices in the room. Ciel pulled you closer and gave you a reassuring itch under your chin. "It'll be alright.." he gently muttered to you.

I hope.. "mrrew.." you replied softly.