chapter 57

"...You could have just told me to pose for a picture."

"What?!"

You and Ciel both exclaimed in unison as Sebastian's claim.

"Had you ordered me to, I would have had no choice but to do so." Sebastian stated matter-of-factly, chuckling in a cheeky manner afterwards.

The revelation was like a slap to the face. You growled, feeling your fur bristle in growing irritation.

All this trouble could have been avoided by the most simpest of tasks??

"How could we have let that flipnote slip our minds??" Your eyes snapped open as you looked at him. "How did you forget that detail?"

Ciel stared at you for a moment, before looking away with an embarrassed grunt. "...I don't know what you mean."

You slapped your paw into your face at the humiliating revelation. "You can be such a berk sometimes, sir."

"Be quiet."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, you sat in the dimly lit hallways of the manor, laying on the ground in complete exhaustion from the day.

How could one be drained from a stupid photo.

You drape a paw over your face as you let out a tired sigh.

At least it's over now... just need to wait until--

"Hello, mistress."

You didn't need to move your paw to know who addressed you. You heard the sound of a dish being set down, and you moved your paw to see he had set down a saucer of cream before you.

"You must be exhausted after today's events, no?" There was a bit of a mischievous, if a little taunted edge in his voice as he spoke, and you felt your pelt prickle with irritation.

"As if you don't know." You rumbled, pulling the dish towards you and lapped at the cream you were offered.

"I must hand it to you both, that was the most elaborate piece of mischief ever concocted." He "praised," knelting down to lightly scritch your head with his finger tips.

"Charmed." You muttered, rolling your eyes, before sighing and pushing yourself up. "Well, I knew you were on to us, but I didn't think master would go to such lengths for such a meager thing."

"Meager to you, perhaps." Sebastian's remark made your ear flick. After all, the camera was supernatural.

"Well, whatever." You sighed, licking at your paw and dragging it over your ear. "Let's just hope this photo is worth the--"

You were cut off by muffled shouting from the dark room.

"...trouble."

Sebastian! Sebastian I did it, sir! "Bark! Arf! Bark!"

You turned your head to find Pluto, in full, naked human form disturbingly enough, running down the halls on all fours, stopping in front of Sebastian, with a cheery, proud smile on his face.

"...good." Sebastian said after a pause, proceeding to give the hound-man his reward: a dog biscuit.

Once Pluto noticed you, a nervous look came to his face as he dropped his treat, bowing his head to you slightly over a bit in a look of respect. Oh, Lady (Name)! G-Good to see you! "Rrrrghhh...!"

"You can't be serious." You hissed, lashing your tail in newfound agitation.

"I'm sorry, milady. But I have my reasons." Sebastian sighs, raising up to his feet, picking up the empty saucer as he did.