chapter 24

you're in a pleasantly bright, sunny area. light wind blowing on your body, warm sunlight on your body. you were standing on a soft ground. you couldn't move though. not a muscle. you felt so heavy.. where am I..? then you caught the scent of a pretty, inviting perfume. you saw a faint silhouette of a woman in a distance. you wanted to call out to it. ask what's going on. where you were. but you couldn't. you couldn't open your mouth... but.. the silhouette spoke first. faint, but sweet, audible voice.

help him remember what joy feels like...

you wanted to ask what the heck she was talking about. but you could only stare. She then reached forward and grasped your bad leg. Initially the pain shot through you like a bullet and all's you wanted to do was yowl and recoil... but then it slowly faded away to a mere pang. You wanna look down to see what happened, but again, you can't move.

please..

suddenly you felt warmth on your head.
~~~~
your eyes shoot open. your eyes dart back and forth. you were in ciel's bed. the moonlight shone through the crack of the curtain. who... the hell.. was that? what was that all about? what did that person mean by 'remember to feel joy..?' you then look at your bad leg. While it was still wrapped in bandages, you can tell that whoever it was, they sped up the healing. What the- you hear soft snoring. you turn your head towards the sound to ciel's sleeping face. you slowly scoot closer to him to take a closer look at him. he looked so delicate. so innocent. so precious. from his long child-like eyelashes to his mouth slightly opened, releasing soft snores. the warmth was his small hand was atop your head head.

you could feel the corners of your mouth lift upwards. so precious. you nuzzle his forehead. you nestle closer to him, causing a soft smile to come across his features. as he wraps your arms around your warm, soft body, you shut your eyes and drift back asleep.

--------
next day, you are curled in master's lap, enjoying a good scratching on your neck from young master himself. sensational scratching, milord... "ppuuuurrrrrw..." you murmered in content. Ciel chuckles softly. Lau suddenly gasps. this catches ciel's attention and he motions you off his lap. he walks over to him and looks down at what he's reading. he suddenly has a look of fury come over his face. you tip your head to the side and trot over to the area he was in and walk over behind lau, and rear up on your hind legs to see what he's reading.

your eyes widen as you read the headline.

JACK THE RIPPER STRIKES AGAIN!?