« Summertime. »

“The family is the nature's masterpieces.“

                                                                      --George Santayana
          ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• August, 3…(Monday)

Kim opened her eyes as the bed was moving, signaling her that her husband was getting up. She yawned and sat up slowly, then stretched her arms. Suddenly, the sun entered in attacking her poor eyes that were still sleepy. She closed them for thirty seconds, before to open them again blinking, so they could adjust to the bright light. Then she was amazed by the amazing view in front of her. The blue water, that matched with the sky and its harmonious waves, the green and tall palms and the sand that was surely hot, even if it was just the beginning of the day. Yes, the Bahamas were beautiful. It was like living a dream being awake. Plus the atmosphere in general gave you that cool vibe, you didn't want to do anything else, but to relax and enjoy the warm weather. It was Paradise on Earth. Everything was perfect. 

"Good mornin', wifey." She was greeted by her lovely husband. Since they got back together seventeen years ago -after three years of separation and struggle- their love had never stopped growing. Their feelings for each other only got stronger and bigger. And their marriage only got them closer. Of course, they had had their amounts of bad days and arguments, but the good moments had always had the upper hand. All they had went through until now, was all worth it and if you would ask them, they would change nothing and do it all over again, because at the end they were happy and had a wonderful family on their own. 

"Good morning, hubby. Did you sleep well ? " She asked as he was getting back in the bed with her. 

He nodded his head, "Yeah. I had ya in my arms and that's all I need to have a good night." He answered making her blush and then he pecked her lips delicately. Yes, he still had that special effect on her. She just couldn't help it, but to be charmed by him every time. They had never entirely came back from their honeymoon actually, "That and to know that my fam is safe also." He added quickly smiling, "And you ? "

She grinned, "C'mon now Aug, we're in the Bahamas ! And this hotel, wow ! I think it's the best vacation we ever had until now." She said excited. They arrived the last evening and she couldn't wait to explore and to do a lot of activities with the entire family. It had been awhile since they had the occasion to be all together. 

He shook his head disagreeing with her, "Nah ! "

She raised her eyebrow, "Oh really ? Then which one ? " She questioned folding her arms. 

"Our honeymoon in Costa Rica were the fuckin' best vacation we ever had." He responded as memories started filling his mind. 

"But we weren't with the kids." 

"Exactly ! And we were makin' luh all day and aaaaall night. We were drunk, crazy and fully in luh. Walking around that hotel room butt naked like we were newborns. It was ama-fuckin'-zing perfect ! I wanna go back ! Right now ! " 

She chuckled, "Ama-fuckin'-zing ? You can't say that, Aug." She said talking like him.