« Fiesta, Fiesta. » {Part.1}

''One of the things that binds us as a family is a shared sense of humor.''

-Ralph Fiennes

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

August, 31...(Wednesday)

"Dear Lawd, today is a bittersweet day fa us..." He sighed trying not to break up,"...Mel left 'bout twenty-six years ago and it still feels like it just happened. It still hurts, but..." He took a deep breath, "...But he's in a better world now and that's all da mattered. He's happy and we're happy and this is all 'cause of you, so thank ya. Thank ya fa blessin' us with a new day, thank fa reuniting us today and thank fa all the blessings in general. Please, keep my family in your protecting arms, always have an eye on them fa me. I luhh my kids more than life itself and my wife is the most wonderful woman of the world, thank ya. Mel, as you can see y'all girls are doin' good. I'm sure ya're proud of them. Cha still has her head up. She's a strong woman. I'm gonna call mama ta see how she's doin'. I'm missin' ya so much, but I know we'll see each other soon. I hope not too soon tho." He chuckled, "Well...I think I'm done. I luhh ya big bro. Amen." He made the cross and stood up.

He sighed and wiped the single tear that fell on his face. It was still hard. It still felt hurtful. He was still wishing that he could do something to prevent that event. He still wanted his big brother to come back and to be by his side. But reality, life chose otherwise. And he had to accept it.

"Aug ? " He turned around to be face in face with his wife. A little smile immediately appeared on his face.

"Hey, you." He mumbled looking at her.

"How are you feeling ? " She asked concerned and wrapped her arms around his waist, then hugged him.

He kissed her forehead, "I'll be just fine. Do ya know how much I luhh ya ? "

She giggled, "And do you know how I adorn you ? " She answered with another question.

He grinned and brushed his nose with hers, "I thought 'bout somethin'."

"Ooooh." She raised her eyebrow curiously and pulling a bit away.

"I wanna go somewhere witchu this weekend, since it's our birthday and mine. What ya think 'bout it ? "

"Where do you want to go exactly ? "

He shrugged, "Ion know. As long as I'm witchu, Ion care. Where do you wanna go, pretty lady ? "

She pecked his lips, "We can go..." She hummed, "...Actually, we can stay in Miami, just go away from the house." She then slightly gasped, "Oh no ! But the kids ! What are we gonna do with them ? "

He shrugged again, "Auggie and Shay are grown enough ta take care of their little siblings; and we're just leavin' for the weekend."

"You're sure about this ? "

"Yes. Why ? Ya don't trust them ? " He asked raising his brow and looking at her.