« Is it really Love ? »

''The great danger for family life, in the midst of any society whose idols are pleasure, comfort and independence, lies in the fact that people close their hearts and become selfish.''

                                                                                                 --Pope John Paul II
                ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

•August, 29…(Saturday)

It was the last week end of summertime and Shaylia decided to spend her Saturday with her boyfriend. Yes, she was still with him, but her brother thought she wasn't. She was tired of him trying to tell her what to do with her life, so she lied. She told him that she had broken up with Rayshawn two days after they argued on the beach and then later at home. She wanted him to leave her alone, so that's what she had to do. So now, the two love birds had to see each other in private. They couldn't wander in town hand in hand anymore, but at least they were still together. And that was the most important to her.  

"Shay, do you love me ? " He asked looking at her.

She frowned wondering where this conversation was going, "Of course ! You're the love of my life. Why are you asking me that ? " 

He shrugged, "Oh...just to be sure..."

Her frown only deepened, "Sure about what ? "

"Will you do anything for me ? " He answered with another question. 

She hesitated at first, but then slowly nodded. She was capable to go to the end of the world for him if she had to. That's how much she loved him, "Uh...yes."

"Really ? " He raised his eyebrow eyeing her. 

She nodded her head once again, "Ray...what is it about ? " She suddenly gasped, "Did you cheat on me ? That's what you're trying to say ? How could you ? " She questioned getting angry and hurt. 

He chuckled shaking his head, "Nah ! I'm not." 

"Really ?! " 

"I only love you, baby."

She folded her arms and turned her head the other way to look out the window. She was angry now. She knew Ray was a really attractive man and girls were always trying to get him in their bed, in other words to steal him from her. And she wasn't having it. She hated when they tried to flirt with her man, even if she was present, it wasn't preventing them to do it. Shay was a person who loves hard and she could get jealous real quick.

"Are you really mad over that shit, bae ? " 

She said nothing ignoring him. 

He sighed, "Are you really serious right now ? " 

She was still ignoring him.

He wiped his face in frustration. He wasn't in the mood for that today. He was already stressed due to his job and now she was doing this. She was getting on his last nerves, "You better talk to me ! " His voice raised.