« Meet My Girlfriend. »

''The family is the test of freedom; because the family is the only thing that the free man makes for himself and by himself.''

--Gilbert K. Chesterton 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

March, 20...(Tuesday)

It's been one month since the pregnancy scare and the two parents were doing good. Since that day, they got more cautious with their situation and took another doctor appointment to know more about the way to avoid a pregnancy naturally; but they were too much dates to remember and they have to follow a very stick schedule. They already knew that they were going to miss one day and they didn't want to risk anything. So, they finally choose to get a copper IUD. Well, Kim was the only one getting it inserted inside her, actually. With that, they had a contraception for ten years at least and won't have a surprise. 

But as all the other methods of contraception, it's not efficacious at hundred percent. Kim could still get pregnant by some type of...miracle. But normally, she wasn't supposed to. 

Now, it's been two weeks since she got the copper inserted and since then she had cramps. And in addition, the copper got her periods messed up, so she had it now instead of the regular time of the month. So, she had not only cramps because of the insertion, but also horrible periods cramps; and that was lasting since three days now.

She felt like she was about to die at any time. 

Fortunately, August was by her side through all the process and was catering to all her needs. You could say that this experience pulled them a bit apart at first, but now it got them only stronger. They were closer and their love couldn't stop growing. 

They loved each other more than ever. 

Years ago, when they met again in New York, they didn't know exactly why they were back in each other's life. It was clear they were meant to be together, but it was a bit hard to believe it with all the obstacles they had to face. But all of this didn't completely break them and now in their early forties, they were still married, were living in their dream house and had beautiful children. 

There is a reason for everything. 

"How are ya feelin' this mornin' ? " Aug asked playing in his wife's hair. 

Kim wrapped her arms tighter around his waist and kissed his chest, "A little bit better than...two days ago. My cramps are a bit less murderess." 

"And are ya still bleedin' a lot ? "

She shook her head, "Not as much as the first day."

He kissed her forehead, "I'm sorry ya have ta' go thru this." 

"It's okay, I'll survive." She looked up at him and moved her body up so she could catch his bottom lip with her teeth, "Kiss me."