«Can We Put The Past Behind Us ? »

''I find the family the most mysterious and fascinating institution in the world.''

--Amos Oz

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

October, 11...(Tuesday)

"Here." August put something in front of Shay on the table.

She looked through it and realized that it was the invitations for her sixteenth birthday party. What meant that she could finally give them to people at school. They were exactly how she wanted it to be. She swallowed the cereals she had in her mouth, "Thanks, dad."

"No problem. And Jahkoy will be performin' at your party. He's gon come towards nine-thirty p.m and he told me dat he'll try to stay until the end."

A huge smile appeared on her face, but quickly disappeared when she saw her dad already making his way out of the kitchen. He was still mad and it was still hurting her. It hurt so much. She was regretting even more her past action each time she was in his presence. Why did she have to fall for Rayshawn ? 

She sighed not hungry anymore. She played with her spoon in the milk as Melvin walked in nodding his head to the song he was listening in his iPod Touch. But once he noticed her with her sad face on, he stopped and cut the music off. He bit on his bottom lip and sat across from her, "He's still ignoring you ? "

"He actually spoke to me...for the party. It's better than nothing. I hope we'll be cool again before my birthday though." She answered pouting.

"I hope too. It sucks how the atmosphere has been lately in this house. I miss our good times. Plus, we're supposed to have our karaoke night on Friday." He said causing her tears to come into her eyes, but she didn't let them fall.

"I'm so sorry. All of this is my fault. I'm truly sorry."

"It's okay. Everything will be as before very soon. I know this."

She nodded her head hoping that he was right. She was tired of this situation and wanted to put all of this behind her, in the past where it belonged to. She wanted her family to be normal again. 

"Hopefully." 

"Are you okay ? " Osiria asked Aug III as they were having their lunch at Popeyes together. Aug III had been silent since they hoped in his car and it was slowly but surely starting to worry her.

"Yeah..." He mumbled.

"It doesn't seem and sound like it. You know you can talk to me, right ? "

"I know, but...I don't want to. Can you entertain me instead ? Help me to get all that stressing shit out of my mind. Like, uh what should we do this weekend ? "