« What's Wrong ? »

''Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.''

--Bruce Lee

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

October, 31...(Monday)

Osiria sighed as she looked at her outfit. She didn't like it, but she had nothing else to wear for this Halloween Party. Hell, she didn't even want to go there anymore. She was mad at August -even if she spent all day to make sure to not show it for some reason- and plus she will know nobody at this party since she was friend with only Aug III. She didn't want to be mixed in these people's crowd anyways.

She took her phone that was resting on her neat bed and unlocked the screen to then see a text message coming.

Aug 😝😍: 'I'm omw. Hope you're ready. See ya ! '

She puffed and throw it back on the bed. She really didn't want to go out tonight. She wasn't in the mood and most important, she had nothing to wear for that occasion. And she knew she was going to be judged out there, so no she wasn't going and she was definitely staying at home tonight. She will watch movies on Netflix and eat some popcorn while drink some kool-aid or something like that. 

Three minutes passed by and she suddenly heard a horn outside. She sighed and went downstairs. As she was going down the stairs, the doorbell rang. She slowly walked towards the front door, unlocked it and finally opened to reveal August dressed like a king. Seriously, she had never in her life seen a guy as much attractive as him. God put a lot of work while creating him, she was sure about this. Every color was going very well with his skin, but the black that he was wearing tonight was truly doing him justice and making him look even more awesome than he already was. 

Maybe I should go, she thought but quickly shook her head to get that thought go away. She decided to stay at home, so that's what she was about to do.

"Hey." He greeted flashing her one of his beautiful smiles. 

She bit on her bottom lip nervously, "Uh...hey...uh...Sorry, but I'm not going."

"What ? " He looked confused. 

"I don't feel well. I prefer to stay here. Bye." She attempted to close the door, but he caught it in time. 

"What do you mean ? Why ? We're going to have fun."

She shook her head, "No...I'm not going to have fun. I don't know these people."

"But I'll be with you. I'll be by your side all the time. C'mon, Osi ! " He encouraged using the nickname he gave her. 

"No, really August...Just go. Have fun." 

He frowned, "What's wrong with you ? You've been acting strangely all day. I did something bad ? "

She sucked her teeth. She couldn't believe that he was really saying it, "No really ? " Her once calm tone had changed and now it was an aggravated one. All the anger she was holding during the day was getting out right now, "Did you hear yourself this morning when you snapped on me ? I was just asking legit questions and..." She sighed, took a deep breath and then licked her lips, "...I don't know, maybe we should stop right here before to waste more time. Bye."

Once again he stopped the door before she could slap it in his face, "Wait ! Are you serious ? "

"Yes...like a heart attack."

"Listen, I'm sorry."

She put her hands on her hips, "Do you even know why you're apologizing for ? " She asked getting even more frustrated with him.

He nodded, "Yes...Sorry for having been rude with you. And when I told you that I don't have ex-girlfriends, this is the truth. I had never gotten in a real relationship before. To be honest, I had never found myself giving a fuck about a girl before you. All the other girls of this school only want to talk with me because of who are my parents and all the wealth my family have. I don't trust them, but with you...I feel like you're different and worth it. This is not crap, I'm being honest with you right now."

"I don't want my heart to be broken, Aug. I..." She paused not sure if she could say it, "Fuck it ! I like you and more we're spending time together, more I'm liking you and soon I feel like I'm going to fall hard for you and I don't want to let myself do that if it's to be hurt at the end. I'm not about all that school drama where the girl has to fight with every other girls to be with the guy she likes." She chuckled slightly, "I don't have time for this."

He smiled, "I have no story with the other girls of school, so I don't think you'll have to fight someone. And uh...I like you too."

They didn't know each other for too long, but they couldn't help it as feelings were starting to grow between them. They loved spending time together and to just get to know each other and they were both hoping that their relationship will only get better and grow into something more serious, because they felt like it will be worth it. Now, maybe they weren't meant to be together forever -because you never know- but they want to give themselves a chance.

She beamed, "Uh...I still don't want to go to this party." 

"Can I come in ? "

Her parents weren't there, they were both on a business trip and her grandmother was playing bingo until midnight or even until one in the morning. 

"Yes." 

_______________________

Let me know what you think about this chapter =) 

THANKS FOR READING GUYS ! 💚💙💚💙