« Happy Birthday ! »

''I have a great family, I live an amazing life.''

--John Oates

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

November, 3...(Thursday)

This was the day she was waiting for. Sixteen ! She was finally sixteen and it felt great. She was finally reaching another level of life. Sixteen was an important number and today was the day she was going to celebrate it. She couldn't believe it. It felt so unreal, frightening and exciting all at the same time. She was growing up, so becoming a woman more and more. The childhood was definitely behind her and she was ready to be a mature person.

Well, almost. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!! " The family stormed in her bedroom happily and August was holding her strawberry cake with a sixteen birthday candle on it. 

She cheesed and blew it, "Thank you !!! " She clapped her hands in joy.

"Oh my God, my baby is a big girl today." Kim said pouting. 

"Yeah, though I could swear ya were born just yesterday." Her father joked and sat at the edge of her bed, with the cake still in his hands. 

"How does it feel to be an old lady ? " Melvin asked to mess with his big sister. 

She stuck her tongue out at him, "Shut up." She chuckled shaking her head at him. Today, nobody was about to ruin her day. It was her special day and she was going to enjoy it to the fullest. And if someone had the bad idea to make it otherwise, they were going to meet the monster Shaylia that was hiding inside her. 

"If she's old, what am I then ? " Their mother asked with her hands on her hips as they all laughed. 

"A beautiful old woman ? " Marvin teased her with narrowed eyes. 

"Get out of here before to catch these hands." She warned.

Shaylia was extremily grateful to have her family by her side no matter what. Yes, these past few weeks they went through a hard time, but who never goes through those ? What happened, happened for a reason and this reason was to make them go stronger together, as a family. 

"I love you all ! "

"When are you gonna get your license ? " Aug III asked Shay as they were getting in his car. It was her birthday, but it didn't mean that they didn't have to go to school. Plus, she had a US History quiz that she couldn't miss. 

She put her seatbelt on, "I would like to do this today, but they were already full, so it'll be tomorrow. I can't wait ! "