« We're Over. »

''Family is not an important thing. It's everything.''

—Michael J. Fox

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

•August, 22...(Monday)

"Shay, I thought it was done that bullshit that was going on between him and you ? " Anthony asked getting more frustrated. Why was this grown ass man standing there before them, at their high school ? Did he not have a damn job ? Or simply somewhere else to be ? August III just couldn't understand why this man -if you could him like that- was messing with his baby sister.

"It-I-It-I...Uh..." She sighed scratching her forehead.

"What is he doing here ?! "

"I don't know ! I told him to leave me alone. I promise, Antho." She felt bad to lie to him, but she couldn't tell him the all truth.

"Then why is he here for ?! " He raised his voice, "Listen..." He stopped talking to think carefully about the words that were going to get out of his mouth, "...Did you really break up with him ? " He asked and looked at her.

She slowly nodded her head. She felt so bad for hiding things from him though, "I did, but...Uh...he didn't want to let me go. He really loves me and...me too, Antho." Now she was being honest with that last sentence. She just couldn't make all these feelings disappear all of sudden. She needed time for that.

He sighed shaking his head, "That is not real love, Shay. You're too young to fall in love."

She frowned, "There is no age to fall in love, Ant ! This...thing happens whether you like it or not. I didn't choose to love him, but when the heart wants somethi-"

"He's twenty-two and you're only fifteen ! And do not tell me that age ain't nothing but a number crap shit ! Y'all shouldn't be messing around in the first place ! He's a grown ass man ! And you're only in your sophomore year in high school ! Y'all have nothing to do with each other ! Seriously, I just should tell da-"

"NO ! Please, Antho. If you do that, I'm dead ! "

"Then stop seeing that dude ! "

"But...I broke up with him..." She wanted to threw up.

"Okay, well now tell him to stay away from you. Far away ! I don't want to see him around you anymore."

She nodded, "Okay. I'm gonna tell him this right now." 

He sighed and looked at her with sad eyes. Something was wrong with his little sister. She wasn't as happy as usual, "Shay ? "

"What..." She mumbled paying attention to her nails. 

"I love you and I only want the best for you. You're my little shadow."