« Don't Talk To Me.»

''All of us grow up in particular realities - a home, family, a clan, a small town, a neighborhood. Depending upon how we're brought up, we are either deeply aware of the particular reading of reality into which we are born, or we are peripherally aware of it.''

--Chaim Potok

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

October, 9...(Sunday)

"August." Kim called him as he was making the bed, "August ! " She called again, but she still got no answer. Her husband was really ignoring her and it all started yesterday night when she joined him in their bedroom after the conversation she had with Shaylia. They got in bed with a lot of tension reigning between them, but she didn't know why it was so big. Well, since they went back home pretty late and she wasn't in the mood to argue with him or to investigate -so she could know why he was acting this way- she decided to just go to bed. But now, now was the time to question her husband, "Are you mad at me ? " She asked with her hands on her hips.

He shrugged and then went in the bathroom. She couldn't believe it. She shook her head and went after him. She placed herself next to him as he was brushing his teeth, with his eyes fixed on the mirror. She waved her left hand in front of his face, but he kept ignoring her.

This was childish and she was tired of his behavior. So, she called him one more time and since he was still not speaking, she lifted her right leg and slightly kicked his to get his attention, what made August groaned in pain, annoyance and frustration. He turned his head and shoot her a dead glare, then he got the toothbrush out of his mouth, spit in the sink and washed his mouth. He opened the tap and cleaned his mess, then rinsed his toothbrush.

Kim frowned, "Really ?! " She raised her voice.

He sighed and wiped his mouth with the little towel that was for it, "Whatchu want ? " He asked in a boring tone of voice, like conversing with his wife was the most annoying thing to do in the world.

"What's wrong with you ? Why are you ignoring me ? " She questioned looking at him.

He chuckled dryly, "Yes...I'm mad at ya."

Her frown only deepened, "Mad at me ? And can I know why ? "

Once again he sighed, "Ya should've known."

She was a bit confused, "Should've known what ? "

"'Bout our daughter datin' a grown ass man ! " He answered raising his voice also. He groaned and went back in the bedroom with his wife trailing right behind him.

"And how exactly ? She was lying to both of us ! Let me remind you crazy ass ! "

"But ya're her mother ! I thought y'all were close ! How comes ya saw none of it ?! Our daughter was bein' a slut out there and ya saw none of this shit ! "

She raised her hands shaking her head, "Wow ! " She began to laugh, "Do you know how stupid you're sounding right now ? Huh ?! You're stupid ! I wasn't accomplice of this ! I'm not one of these sick mothers who are okay with everything their children are doing ! If I knew that, I would've stopped it as soon as possible ! I'm angry too ! I feel betrayed too ! She lied to me too ! I'm shocked too ! It's already too much to handle, I don't need my husband to go against me for some bullshit now ! How could you even say this shit ?! And our daughter is not a whore ! She's still a virgin if you're interested to know." She pushed him and left the room slamming the door.