« Keep Your Head Up. »

''The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life.''

-Richard Bach

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

August, 28...(Sunday)

*''I was just your nigga next door

But girl I see more for you, I see more for you

And you ain't gotta have no fear, no I'll always be here for you, girl I'm here for you

And I know you may not end up with me, it ain't gotta be me

Cause I'm still playing outchea in these streets

But I'm just saying

You deserve better, I'm saying, you deserve better''*

Shaylia wiped her crying eyes and sniffed. Since they came back from Church, she was laying on her bed and listening to music that was saddening her. She felt like all of these lyrics were written just for her and to make her understand better her current situation. She made a good choice by letting him go. She had to end their relationship after what he'd done to her.

But it was hurting her so much.

"It always feels weird to witness y'all listenin' to my music." Her heart jumped in her chest as she looked up and then behind her. Her father was standing on her doorway looking at her. She hadn't even notice his presence until he started talking.

She turned her speakers off and sat up adjusting her dress. She didn't even take the time to change her outfit to something more comfortable to stay at home, "What are you doing here ? "

He closed the door behind him and sat down at the edge of her bed, "I wanted to know if ya're alright. Ya wasn't actin' like yourself at Church earlier. Ya seemed...sad. What's bothering' daddy's princess ? "

She looked down at her fingers, "I...I'm..." She didn't know if she wanted to be 100 percent honest with him or fifty percent to eighty percent. She wasn't sure if she wanted to tell him the all truth. How was he going to react to this ? She already knew that it wasn't going to be pretty if she let him know, "...I'm not happy." She was somewhat being honest with him.

"Why ? " He asked concerned. It was breaking his heart to hear this. He wanted all of his children to be happy in life, "Someone hurt ya ? " You could hear the little anger in his voice.

"I..." She sighed, "...I had a..." She bit on her bottom lip, "...Uh...a boyfriend. And we recently broke up." It exactly had been one week and she was feeling miserable without Ray. She still loved him with all her heart.

Aug looked at her like she had spoken another language, "Ya what ? " He raised his brow.

"I had a boyfriend."

He chuckled dryly, "What did I say 'bout that ? "