« Nobody Likes The Distance.»

''Distance is just a test to see how far love can travel.''

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

June, 10...(Sunday)

"Knock, knock ! " Shay said knocking on her brother's door with her index knuckle. Aug III looked up at her from his notebook with a raised brow, "Can I come in ? "

"Yes. What do you want ? "

She walked in and then sat on the edge of his bed, "What are you doing ? " She asked curiously. She tried to take his notebook, but Aug III pushed it away from her immediately. 

"I'm doing a list."

"For what ? "

"For the stuff I'll need to buy for college. Now, tell me why you're here ? "

She looked down at her hands, "You're still going to New York ? "

He nodded, "Yup. I got accepted in Columbia, Syracuse and NYU. You know how much I had always wanted to go study in New York and now my dream is about to come true."

She slightly frowned, "Wait...You still didn't choose ? We're in June, Ant ! "

"Of course I chose ! I just didn't tell y'all."

She folded her arms, "Why ? "

"For what you're trying to do right now. None of you wants me to go to New York and I didn't want a repeat of 'please, stay here with us.' "

"But, Anthonyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ! Stay heeeeeeeeeeeeere ! You're gonna miss us too much." She pouted while whining. 

"No, you're gonna miss me too much. I'm amazing." He grinned proudly.

"Are you going to visit us often ? "

He sat up, closed the notebook and put it away. He placed his right arm over his little sister's shoulders and hugged her, then kissed her temple. It'd been two months now that everybody in this house was trying their possible to make him change his mind and give him the will to stay in Miami, but it was unnecessary. Aug III wanted to learn the business in the best city. And what's better than the Big Apple, New York ? He had this project stuck in his mind since he was eleven years old and now he was finally able to make it happen. He worked out in school these past four years for that. During these last months, instead of having  a lot of fun -except for the party they organized here- for his Senior Year, he had his head in books for hours. New York was a goal of his that he will achieve and nobody could stop him. Plus, he wanted to change his environment too. He was growing kind of tired of Miami. He had been there all his life.

"Yes. You don't even have to ask me that. Y'all are my family, you'll always come first."