« Trying To Compromise And Little Hassles.»

''I woke up one morning thinking about wolves and realized that wolf packs function as families. Everyone has a role, and if you act within the parameters of your role, the whole pack succeeds, and when that falls apart, so does the pack.''

-Jodi Picoult

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

September, 5...(Monday)

"This is...this is bullshit ! Y'all are not serious, are you ? "

"Auggie, you better watch your mouth ! " Their mother warned folding her arms.

"Sorry. But mom, that's unfair and...crazy too. I'm a senior this year, I have to think and to do a lot already and now you want me to write ya'll three essays ! And you're really gonna call everybody's parents to make them clean the house ? This is already cleaned ! "

"Lil'boy lower ya damn voice befa' I knock ya out ! "

Aug III groaned wiping his face, "Sorry, but we can't do that. Can we have another punishment ? Please ! Plus, I can't stay confined in this house for two months."

"But ya won't be confined in the house, y'all will be able to get out for school and for work."

"And what about practice ? "

"Uh, let me think 'bout it and I'll tell ya."

"Dad ! C'mon ! " He whined and then turned towards his little sister, "Why are you saying nothing ? You're good with that ?! "

Shay shook her head, "No, but why trying to argue with them ? They won't change their mind."

"And that's where you're so wrong." Kim said and her husband nodded his head.

The two teenagers were completely lost again. They shared a confused look before to look at their parents like each one had grown another head, "What do you mean exactly ? " Shaylia asked wanting some clarification.

"Do I look like I have time to read six essays and call everybody and their mama to clean my house ? Hell nah ! "

"Are you gonna whoop us ? " Lil'Aug asked sighing.

"No. You passed that stage." Kim answered and then the two parents sat on the other end of their long semicircle white couch. She sighed, "Listen, you're now seventeen and almost sixteen, so not little kids anymore. We could beat your bad asses, but at this point in your lives...it's not what you need. So...we thought about something, that will make you grow up and teach you something also."

"Wait...So everything y'all said was...a joke ? " Their son asked looking at them.

"We were laughin'." August simply said, shrugging.

"It was not funny." Shay exclaimed restraining herself from rolling her eyes or she was about to finally get that ass whopping. But they scared her with their supposedly joke.