« Back To School. »

''The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.''

                                                                        --Lee Lacocca
                ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

•August, 22…(Monday

"August Anthony Alsina III, if you don't wake up ! " And then he felt something hitting his face, what caused him to get out of his sleep immediately. 

"What's wrong with you ?! " He screamed irritated. 

"Wake up ! We're going back to school today ! " Shay said and hit him one more time with the pillow, "Mom said that we better be downstairs at 7:15. Wake up ! "

He groaned and covered his face with the pillow. 

After getting dressed, August III finally joined his little siblings downstairs in the kitchen where they were all already eating the breakfast. He greeted everybody and then made his bowl of cereals. He wasn't really hungry this morning, but he forced himself to feed his body, because he didn't know if he'll be able to wait for the lunch time after, mainly that he didn't know when it will be since he hadn't his schedule yet. 

"Good morning, son. Did you sleep good ? " His mother greeted him with a kiss on his cheek. 

He rubbed his right eye, "It was good until miss Shaylia interrupted my dream." 

"What were you dreaming about ? " June asked smiling. She had to be the most joyful person he knew, every time he was in her presence he couldn't help but be happy, and that was the case for everybody who was lucky to be near the little June. She was a real sunshine. 

"About the graduation day, I can't wait for it to happen in real life."

His mother pouted, "No. I don't want you to leave the house. It's too soon. I feel like yesterday you were only a little baby and now you're becoming a man." 

He beamed and kissed her forehead, "Don't worry, ma, I'll come to visit as much as I'll be able to. I'll surely need you to do my laundry anyways." 

She playfully hit his arm, "Hurry up and eat before to be late. You're driving with your sister and the twins and I'll drop the little ones. Please, if they need help with something, you help them, mainly the twins." She then turned her attention towards Melvin and Marvin beaming, "How are you two feeling ? Excited to start high school ? "

The two boys shrugged and kept eating their pancakes. Kim could tell they were a little nervous about this new step in their lives though. But she knew that Melvin was going to be comfortable in this new environment faster than his brother. He was the outgoing one, contrary to Marvin who'd rather read his books and draw than playing and associating with other people. But they were always there for each other. When one has a problem, his brother is always here to help, so she wasn't too worried about them. They were going to be fine.