Catherine darted in front of Jane and pulled her chair out, causing her to flush, and whisper a thank you. They sat and ordered wine (white for Jane, she was having fish and Catherine probably would've made way too many comments if she ordered red) and talked.

By the time their food arrived Jane was nursing her third glass of wine and was in that buzz of in between wasted and tipsy.

They finished, and Catherine paid the bill, refusing to show her how much. Catherine offered her arm out and Jane happily took it. They strolled for a while until they reached a small stretch of green, it really wasn't much. They were still downtown, but it was definitely green. Catherine smiled and led her through the trees to reveal a setting.

Clearly put together by hand, and Catherine grinned at Jane' surprised face. She led her to where she had the candles (not real ones, wouldn't want to burn the only grass in sight would she). There were chairs, because sitting on the ground was not very fun.

They sat and Catherine leaned over and whispered why they were there. Stargazing, a cliche, but still a very good date. Jane giggled when Catherine got a little embarrassed from how much she planned.

Jane pressed forward and kissed Catherine firmly, one of Catherine's hands going up to cup her face and partially weave into her hair. When they pulled apart Catherine was grinning and she scooted her chair closer so they could cuddle. Catherine pointed out the visible constellations to Jane who wasn't really paying attention to the stars, but Catherine instead.

"I love you." Jane said suddenly.

Catherine stopped talking immediately.

Though it had been a year since they started dating, they were both wary to say those three words to each other, both terrified of the other rejecting them. So the fact that Jane had said that was an even bigger deal than if they were normal people.

"What?"

Jane stared at Catherine, adoration, and even in her tipsy state, seriousness in her eyes.

"I love you."

Catherine started to hyperventilate, the pressure of the next moments weighing on her. But before she could even convince herself Jane didn't mean what she said and that she was just drunk she said -

"I love you too." She breathed.

Jane smiled and kissed Catherine softly, cupping her face with both hands while she put hers on Jane's hips.

"I love you too." She whispered again, suddenly feeling the rush of those three words coming out of her mouth and it being reciprocated.

They kissed for what felt like seconds but what was really an hour. Eventually Catherine pulled away, a happy dazed expression that made Jane feel so warm. She felt like Catherine was telling her something with that look, and when it hit her she lunged forward and kissed her again.

Wherever Jane went, Catherine would go, and reverse the situation, Jane would go wherever Catherine went.

"Let's go home."

As they walked home, glued to each other's side a question occurred to Catherine.

"Why are you wearing a yellow dress?"

Jane looked up, mirth in her eyes.

"Took you longer than I thought you would. I'm wearing yellow for you."

Catherine felt the heat rush to her cheeks before smirking.

"Had plans tonight?"

"Maybe."

Catherine stopped and reeled Jane in for another kiss, something they'd been stopping and doing regularly making it take longer than necessary to get home.

"Well you are relying on Anne not burning down the house or something equally as bad."

Jane sighed in defeat, knowing Catherine was right.

"But hey, if you really want to we can go get a hotel and pretend like when we get home they aren't going to know what happened, and we'll have to deal with whatever Anne made Cathy do."

Jane laughed quietly leaning her head on Catherine's chest.

"No, let's go home. I drank more than I should've."

"Alright gorgeous, we'll go home."

Catherine started walking again, but stopped. Jane frowned at her, worry on her face. Catherine gave her a grin before scooping her up and carrying her bridal style. She squealed and buried her head into Catherine's neck to hide her grin.

"I love you baby."

"I love you too gorgeous."

When they reached home Catherine reluctantly put Jane down. Jane immediately attached herself to Catherine once standing while she unlocked the door.

They both stopped dead in their tracks, and suddenly Jane was sober.

"ANNE MOTHERFUCKING BOLEYN!"

lol, she's gonna die, brb gonna write either araleyn fluff, or some smut bc y'all are horny mf's

- A R A G O N