Chapter 48

2 months go by and it's time for me to start working at the east Los Angeles hospital and I'm terrified.

Giles tried calling me for hours on end but I declined them thinking he made his choice he left.

Now it's time I move on myself I need to focus on myself and my family.

"So how are you feeling about work." My therapist asks

"I'm scared but I know I'll do great." I say

She smiles and nods at me listening to me talk about how different it'll be from just learning about it.

"How have you been since Giles left." She asks

I freeze up and my leg starts shaking

"I'm trying to be okay but it's hard." I say

"Have you talked to him." She asks

"Not for two months no." I say sighing

"Ah right I'll see you next session." She says as I get up and walk out shutting the door.

I walk to the car park and unlock my car and get in starting it as I head towards home.

I pull into the driveway and sigh as I bang my head onto my steering wheel.

"Why does everyone keep asking about him." I sigh

I get up and shut the door locking it as I head towards the front door.

I unlock it and walk upstairs to my room and lay down on my bed sighing.

I remember how much of an emotional wreck I was with giles leaving and my brothers death.

Flashback..

I wept for two days about Giles leaving me and how I had to deal with everything alone.

"Hey sweetie." My mum says

"Hi." I smile at her

"How you feeling." She asks

"I'm hanging in there." I say

My mum kisses my forehead and walks out of my room leaving me.

I went weeks without answering his calls until he stopped ringing.

A month went by and I waited for his calls but he never called back.

I looked at his Instagram and he made a new account so I stalked it.

I got the biggest shock of my life when I saw a picture of him and his new girlfriend my heart shattered into pieces.

So I did the only thing I could think of and that was to block him on everything and have a fresh start.

Back to present..

I walked into my room and laid down on my bed thinking about Giles.

I fell asleep around 9:00 pm and woke up in the dark.

"Hello." I scream

"Is anyone there." I yell out

I wake up screaming and Nick runs into my room hugging me.

"Shh I'm here." He says

I sob into his chest and he lays down at the end of my bed until I fall asleep.

I wake up the next morning around 7:00 am and get up walking towards the shower.

After my shower I walk into my room and change into a flowery tank top, white denim jacket, black jeans and my white shoes. I pull my hair into a ponytail and put on my glasses, bracelet and ring.