"We did have English and Physics together that year I think, so maybe."

"Dude you NEVER even went to English. I wouldn't even count that."

"Oh hush. You know I couldn't stand the teacher. She was so old and her voice was just...so raspy and bitter."

"Yeah? Then what was your excuse in college?"

"I LITERALLY SWEAR IT WAS THE SAME BITCH!" Scott exploded in laughter, and Isaac did too.

"I remember so much shit from high school. It's weird, considering I barely remember what I did yesterday," Isaac commented. 

"Yeah, I felt that. Do you remember Stiles' eighteenth birthday party?"

"You mean the night you, Stiles, Bret Talbot, and I got drunk as fuck on Stiles' roof and Stilinski heard Bret fall into the fucking bushes?" 

"Mhm, that was the first time I ever saw you drunk. Drunk you's always been so fucking annoying to deal with, Dude. Especially back then when we had to hide from our parents."

"Oh you aren't that easy either, Buddy."

"Oh, I bet."

"I do bet. I remember YOU getting drunk at Bret's senior year party, and you punched some kid in the jaw for no reason. I had to drive you back to my house, because you couldn't go home drunk. Your mother would've killed you. Oh AND I had to clean up your hands and crush Tylenol into your fucking water."

Scott stopped laughing and looked at the man beside him. "It wasn't for no reason."

"Yeah? Because I remember it just like yesterday. You told me it was for no reason. You said, and I quote, 'He just looked funny, I don't know'."

"He was talking shit about you," Scott said abruptly.

"About me? I didn't know him," Isaac responded.

"He was calling you gay and telling everyone that you begged him to let you give him head," Scott told him. "I never told you because you were sensitive. I mean now it doesn't matter, I just kind of forgot about this to be honest."

Isaac felt his face reddening. "Wh-what? That never even happened-"

"I know."

"No like actually-"

"I know."

"Why are you saying you know? I mean it could've happened."

"But it didn't."

"It didn't but-"

"Exactly. It didn't."

Isaac sat back in his seat and crossed his arms. "I might've been scrawny freshman year, but by senior year I was about the size I am now. I didn't need you to stick up for me anymore."

"I know. It was just instinct by then. Still is, even now." 

"But you didn't have to punch him."

"He didn't have to create lies about you. Just because I knew they weren't true didn't mean everyone else did too."

"Why didn't you believe him?"

"I didn't believe him because I didn't want to. I didn't want to think of you ever doing any of that. And I didn't want anyone else thinking of you like that, so I just beat the fuck out of him until he couldn't speak anymore. Problem solved."

"Did you know that I was gay?"

"No, Isaac."

"So you didn't want to think that I was?"