31

Chapter Thirty-One:  Let Down

He didn't know what to do. He really fucked up this time.

Scott was in his car parked on the side of the road. His head was in his hands, his eyes red. He cheated on his girlfriend. With his best friend. His guy best friend.

But I'm not...I can't be..? Am I? No. I'm not. I'm straight, I'm not...I'm not gay, he thought to himself. His hands found their way into his hair and his fingers pulled.

It began to rain again. The droplets were like bullets against the glass, hitting it with loud splats.

Scott turned on his windshield wipers and looked up at Isaac's apartment. He wanted to go back. He wanted to apologize to Isaac. He hurt him again. And he knew this time was the worst. Everything inside him was telling him to go back inside.

Would Isaac spiral down another dark path, as he said Scott's caused him to before? The question repeated itself in his mind over and over again. The more he thought about it, the more he remembered it. It happened more than once, all throughout high school and college. At the time, Scott thought nothing of it. But now, it just made sense. It made so much fucking sense that it hurt.

Isaac would lock himself in his dorm room for days at a time. Whenever Stiles had tried to get him out, Isaac would barely respond. When Scott tried, hope would always fill the blond's eyes and he'd get up out of bed. Every. Single. Fucking. Time.

What am I supposed to do?

-

"I thought you were asleep, Baby," Stiles said. He hadn't looked back, but he could sense the girl quietly approaching him as he cooked.

She didn't reply right away. She looked around, noticing that Max was asleep in his doggy bed in the corner of the small room. She looked past Stiles to try to get a glimpse of what he was cooking, to which she couldn't see. And then she finally looked back at him.

"I was about to," she said and pulled her long, strawberry blonde hair to one side. "But then I remembered something and I just couldn't sleep. I kept thinking."

Stiles, who was chopping a red bell-pepper, slowed his movements into a complete stop. Only then did he look over his shoulder. "I know, Red," he told her quietly. "I wanted to talk at dinner."

"Oh," she said, "Okay-"

"Well I mean...yeah, maybe we should talk now," he agreed. He slid the peppers into the unknown dinner and he put the burner down on low. Stiles turned around and looked at her. "I know I shouldn't leave the kitchen but I think we'll be fine. Couch?."

Lydia nodded. Stiles grabbed her hand and led her to the living room. He placed his hands on her bare hips, (she was only in her underwear), and as he sat down he placed her on his lap.

"When we made up, it was all just because of our feelings," Lydia said, "and we never addressed the situation." Stiles nodded and shuffled a bit. They heard the food softly sizzling in the background. "I want to talk about this so it can finally be over."

Stiles' cheeks slowly turned pink. Soon, his ears did the same. His eyebrows furrowed and he licked his lips. He hesitated before he spoke."I'm going to tell you a story, Lyds," Stiles told her quietly with a small nod, as if he was reassuring himself that it was okay to finally open up.

-

Isaac had watched Scott drive away. Part of him truly believed that Scott was going to come back. But he didn't. Scott left. And now Isaac didn't know what to do with himself. It was so easy to act tough and strong when someone was there. He could make it seem like he had all his shit together.

But nobody was there. He was alone with his thoughts and his emotions were running wild. Acting tough seemed impossible. He felt helpless and weak. Isaac wasn't strong at all,

But he used to be.

He used to be.

Isaac trudged into his bedroom and slammed the door shut. The one picture he had on his wall fell to the floor. The glass shattered everywhere. The noise it made was loud and ear-piercing. The door bounced out of its hinges and hit the wall. The doorknob made a dent.

"Fuck," he muttered under his breath. He stared at the glass, wondering if it was even worth picking up.

It really wasn't.

"I'll get that," Scott's voice said.

Isaac looked up to see the boy, completely drenched from the rain outside, standing in the doorway. His black hair was darker and matted down against his head, small wet locks framed his face. His clothes stuck to his skin and showed every groove and dip.

He looked gross.

Or at least that's what Isaac was trying to convince himself with. But the truth was that Scott still looked fucking beautiful. Just like he had always looked to Isaac. And Isaac knew that was never going to change, no matter what he forced himself to think.

"I thought you left," Isaac said, his voice giving away that he wasn't strong enough to pretend anymore. It had cracked and broke and Isaac had flinched at it.

"I almost did," Scott said truthfully. "But I knew that I wouldn't forgive myself if I did."

"You shouldn't have came back," Isaac told him, "I don't want you here."

"Isaac..."

"No," He said harsh and loudly. He had moved his hands in a way that signified that no was his final answer. "You are going to go home. You are going to forget about today. You are gonna call Allison and make plans with her. By tomorrow, everything will be normal again."

"I don't want it to be normal," Scott told him, "I can't just forget—"

"You do want it to be normal. You don't want me Scott, and even if you've been trying to convince yourself that maybe you do, you really fucking don't. So it's gotta be normal."

Scott balled up his fists and then unclenched them. He nodded angrily and then turned around.

"Fuck you," He said quietly as he finally left.

"No man, fuck you."

Writers Note:

Kind of a filler? Im currently on a plane going back home. I was just at my boyfriends house (I mentioned him at the end of a writers note like 3 chapters ago but it was from a year ago since i dont update much.) He lives in MA and I live in NY, but we make it work. We've been together for over a year already so wowza.

You guys can honestly skip this, it has nothing to do with the story, just me (the author) but i used to talk to my followers here so i dont wanna stop that

How have you all been? How was your summer? Mine sucked so much. I didnt go anywhere except for my boy's house and the NYS fair.

How's school? Im finally in the highschool and I cant stop getting lost. All the Juniors and Seniors make fun of us sophomores cuz we cant figure out where our classes r located😭 and it doesnt fucking help that the teachers dont even give us accurate directions when we ask

I just turned 15 the other day. Fucking finally. Since I turned 15 i can fly by myself (without an adult) so thats what im doing now. It feels amazing to be alone and have freedom, especially in Philadelphia's airport. Yo gurl's going to look at the Victoria's Secret they have there as soon as I land before my next flight.

Anyone got September birthdays? If so happy early/late birthday! Or if its today HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY!

Anyways, please please PLEASE comment and vote❤️i'll try updating again really soon.

-Alison