13

Chapter Thirteen: Is She Worth That?

Lydia put her hair into a bun at the top of her head and tied her apron around her waist. Natalie gave her a pat on the shoulder and told her that table five needed to be waited on.

It was around six in the evening. The sky was a pinkish color and the diner had it's air conditioning still on. It was a slow night. There were only a few tables being occupied.

Lydia peaked under the breakfast bar and glanced at table ten, noticing that it was a few guys. She grabbed a couple menus and walked towards the table.

She handed the menus to the men without looking up. It was her first day and she was nervous. She looked at her pad and tapped her pen against it. "What would you like to drink?" She asked.

"A coke with a side of you," A familiar voice said. Lydia looked up and noticed Stiles. He smirked at her and she rolled her eyes at his words.

"I'll have coffee," The man across from Stiles said. He had dark hair and tan skin. His name tag read S. McCall. She nodded and wrote it down on her notepad.

"Tea, please," The guy sitting next to the dark haired man said. He had curly dirty–blonde hair and very blue eyes. She wrote it down and glanced at Stiles before telling them that she'll be back.

"So is this the famous Lydia that we've been hearing so much about?" Isaac asked with a grin. He propped his chin up on his palm as he leaned onto the table.

"Obviously," Scott snorted, "She fits the description. So, where'd you meet her? She looks familiar."

"I uh....don't remember exactly," Stiles awkwardly lied.

"It's okay if it was in a weird place," Isaac said with a shrug, "I met Scott in a strip club." Scott looked at the curly haired man with wide eyes.

"What are you talking about?" Scott said, mouth agape. He looked at Stiles. "That is not true, don't believe him." Stiles stifled a laugh.

Lydia came back with their drinks and gently sat them down in front of them. "Are you ready to order or do you need more time?" She asked.

As she raised her pen to write, Scott caught a glimpse of a mark on her wrist. It looked like it was drawn with pen ink. It was a heart and dagger.

Stiles put his straw into his glass and Isaac sipped his tea as Scott ordered them a medium sized pizza. She nodded and took their menus before walking into the kitchen.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me," Scott whisper yelled at Stiles. Stiles looked at his friend as if he was crazy.

"What?"

"She's the girl that spray painted all those stores! The one you were suppose to catch!" Scott replied. Isaac looked between his friends with wide eyes. Stiles' eyes widened and Scott rubbed his face.

"You can't tell anyone," Stiles said quietly, "She could get in a lot trouble, Scott, and so could I." He looked at Isaac. "You too. You can't tell anyone."

"Does anyone else know?" Isaac asked. Stiles shook his head no. Scott sighed.

"Eventually someone's going to find out and you're going to be kicked off the squad for lying," Scott told him. "Is she really worth that?"

Danny bit his nails and sighed. He finally reached over and grabbed his phone off of his dresser.