10

Chapter Ten: It's Not A Date

"Spray that here," Lydia told him and pointed to a part of the rock. Stiles shook the can of orange and pressed the nozzle. He sprayed the specific spot and Lydia pointed to another.

She reached down and grabbed her brown paint. She sprayed where she felt it was needed and told Stiles to grab the black. He reached into the black duffle-bag and pulled it out.

"Spray there, where the nose should be," Lydia said and Stiles smirked at her. He obeyed and watched as the paint erupted from the can.

Lydia took the orange and sprayed the rest of the open space. Stiles took a step back and she joined him when she was finished. They both looked at the fox they had painted.

"Why a fox?" He asked.

Lydia smiled and bended down to pack her cans into her bag. "It's my favorite animal," She said simply. Stiles watched as Lydia zipped the duffle closed.

"Why Red?" She asked all of the sudden. He arched a brow at her.

"What do you mean?" Stiles questioned while pulling out his phone. Lydia watched as he took a picture of the fox.

"You called me Red when you picked me up," She explained. Stiles looked at the picture he had taken and smiled. "And what are you planning to do with that, exactly?"

"Your hair is kinda red, if you haven't noticed," He said and looked at her, "And what, am I not allowed to take a picture?" Lydia rolled her eyes and slung her bag over her shoulder.

"My hair is not red," She protested, "It's more orange, kind of like a strawberry blonde."

Stiles smirked and bit his lip. "It's getting late," He told her. "You want to go eat, or something?"

Lydia patted him on the chest and began walking towards his jeep. It was parked on the other side of the park, across the bridge. "Nice try, Miles. I'm not going on a date with you."

Stiles' eyes widened and made a baffled nose. "I wasn't asking you on a date, Red. I'm just hungry and I assumed that you are too. Plus, I'm twenty-two and you're like what, eighteen?"

Lydia laughed. "Mhmm, sure. And I'm almost twenty, for your information." Stiles jogged to catch up with her and she gave him a sideways look.

"Come on, let me take you to get something to eat. It doesn't have to be anything fancy! How about a burger at the diner?" The offer did sound tempting and at the mention of a burger her stomach grumbled. Stiles gave her a look which said see, you are hungry.

"Fine," Lydia said, "But don't expect me to eat a burger with ladylike manners." Stiles chuckled at that. "And it's not a date."

"It's not a date," Stiles repeated.

They crossed the bridge and got into his jeep just as it started to rain.

Elias watched out the window as the rain came down in small, but fast, droplets. His nose and palms were pressed against the glass as he stared. "When is Mom coming home?" He asked his older brother.

"Eli, you asked me that ten minutes ago," Jacob groaned and turned the page of his book. "The answer is still a few more hours."

Elias grumbled under his breath and pulled himself away from the window. He sat down criss-cross on his bed and sighed. "But Jacob, I'm bored."

"Not my problem," Jacob muttered.

When Jake realized that Elias was still staring at him, he put his book down and looked at the younger boy. "Elias, what do you want?"

"Wanna play tic-tac-toe?" Eli asked and his eyes widened. "Wait, where's Lydia's cards? She taught me how to play poker!"

Jacob rolled his eyes. "Of course she did," He muttered to himself. "How about you read a book? I still got some from when I was about your age."

Elias frowned. "You never play with me anymore." Elias looked out the window again and stood up quickly. He walked out of the room.

"Where are you going?" Jacob asked and stood up as well. He walked out of the room and put his book down on the counter.

Jake looked up and noticed that Elias was opening the door for someone. He rushed over to see who it was. "What did I tell you about opening the door?" He said harshly. 

"But—" Elias was cut off.

"It's a good thing that I'm not a stranger, then," A voice said.

Jake looked at the person outside and his heart pounded against his ribcage. "Danny?"

Danny, who was wearing a rain soaked black hoody and a pair of jeans, nodded and grinned. Jacob sighed with relief and hugged him.

"Fuck you," Jacob mumbled into the wet material, "Don't ever fucking leave again."

Danny rubbed Jacob's back. "I won't."

Natalie watched as her daughter walked into the diner with Deputy Stilinski. Her eyes widened and Lydia gave her a reassuring look. The two sat down at a booth and the older Martin walked over to give them menus.

"Hello," She greeted them, "I'm Natalie and I'll be your waitress this evening."

Natalie didn't know if this was one of those times that Lydia didn't want anyone knowing that they were related or not.

Stiles smiled at her and looked down at the menu. Lydia looked up at her mother and propped her chin on her hand. "Did you check to see if there's a job opening yet?"

"We had to let go of Kim last night," Natalie said and placed two placemats on the table in front of them. "So we need another server. You interested?"

Lydia nodded, "Yeah. I need some cash to buy Danny a new board. I lost his old one."

Natalie nodded and looked at Stiles, who was watching as Lydia spoke. "What would you like to drink, Sir?" She asked with a smile. Stiles looked at her as if he just snapped out of a daze.

"Coke," He told her and glanced back at the girl across from him.

"Peach iced tea," Lydia told her mother. Natalie nodded and walked away.

A few minutes of awkward silence went by before Stiles asked, "You two know each other?"

"She's my mom," Lydia told him.

"Oh," He said, "Now I feel dumb."

"You can't help what you are," She teased.

Stiles smiled and looked back down at his menu.

Writers Note:

So...how are you?

.....I'm sick.

Its been fucking fantastic, thanks for asking.

Its been bloody awesome trying to defend myself from the demon in my house while throwing up. Yes...theres a demon in my house.....
I'm probably overreacting but i swear to god if i hear one more fucking noise when I'm home alone I'm fucking leaving. I'm only thirteen, Satan, LEAVE ME ALONE.

Sorry for that small rant right there, I just had to say something to get it our of my system.

In the comments I want all of you to rant about some random shit. Doesnt matter what it is. But please refrain from starting wars with each other, thank you.