34

Chapter Thirty-Four: the Hospital

Lydia jumped out of the jeep before Stiles could park it. Her coat flapped open as she sprinted towards the building and her hands anxiously pawed at her hair.

She threw open the doors and they bounced off the walls with a loud thud. Jacob was already at reception waiting for her. His eyes were puffy and his skin was a pale, sickly color.

She looked at him with wide, worried eyes and he shook his head before looking down at the floor. Lydia bit her lip until she tasted the metallic tang of blood.

She walked past him and stabbed her finger against the elevator button. It lit up with an orange light and Lydia stared at the screen above the door, watching as the elevator slowly made its way down to the first floor. Her legs shook with anxiety, her jaw clenched.

The door opened and she immediately stepped inside. When the doors closed she leaned against the metal bar on the wall to hold herself straight. It seemed like forever until she had reached the fifth floor.

She ran down the hall until she reached her mother, who was hugging Danny as tightly as she could. Danny motioned towards her, and Natalie pulled away. She tried wiping her tears before throwing herself into her daughter's arms.

"What happened?" Lydia croaked out. Natalie shook her head and cried harder. Danny, with tired eyes, explained as best as he could.

The elevator dinged and doctors spilled out. As Lydia looked up she realized that they were pushing a hospital bed with a familiar brunette sitting on it. Her leg was bandaged and in a cast. Blood was smeared against her hairline.

"I'm so sorry," Allison whimpered and reached out to take Lydia's hands as the doctors pulled her away. "I'm so fucking sorry. This is all my fault. All my fau-"

Tears fell from her eyes as Allison's cries got quieter and quieter as she got pushed away. She turned to her mother. "Where's Elias?"

"He's in surgery," Jeff said, approaching the three miserably. "The doctors won't tell me anything."

"Why not?" Lydia roared, her body filling with anger. "He's your son. He's my brother. We deserve to fucking know."

The elevator rang once again and Stiles anxiously looked around for a few moments before spotting the strawberry blonde. He ran to her and she instantly hugged him. She stuffed her face into the crook of his shoulder and his arms wound around her. He stroked her hair softly as he whispered in her ear.

"Lets sit down, Baby."

As they walked to the waiting room, Scott came in behind them. He had briefly visited Allison, but she had shewed him out, telling him to be with Lydia and her family.

"Lydia," he breathed out while looking down at the broken girl in front of him. She shook her head and closed her eyes. He hugged her and kissed her cheek.

"How's Allison?" she asked quietly.

"She's fine," he told her. "She doesn't want you to worry about her. Not right now, okay?"

She nodded and sat back down next to Stiles and her mother. She rubbed her mom's arm and let her place her head on her shoulder.

When Isaac entered the room, everyone glanced up. Scott's eyes lingered on the British boy longer than most. Isaac didn't dare look at him.

They all waited for three hours in pure silence. Nobody had spoken. Nobody had anything to say.

Danny had fallen asleep on Jacob's shoulder. Jacob continued to play with his boyfriend's hair regardless.

Natalie's head had rolled over onto Jeff, and to his own surprise, he didn't bother moving. His arm slowly found its way around her and he rested his chin on top of her auburn hair.

Isaac's eyes slowly fluttered open from the light sleep he had fallen into. He looked around and then lazily sat up. He sniffed once before standing up to stretch his legs.

"Do you need anything?" he asked Jeff.

"Water would be great," he said quietly. "I'll pay you back."

"Don't worry about it, Mate," Isaac told him and headed off to find a vending machine.

Isaac put a dollar into the machine only for it get spit back out. He sighed and tried it once more. The dollar flew back out and onto the floor.

"You uh....need to flatten it out," Scott's voice said from behind him.

"Yeah, I got it," Isaac said and reached down the grab it off the ground. "Thanks."

Scott shoved his hands into his pockets. "Isaac—"

"I don't care."

"What?"

Isaac put the dollar against his thigh and flattened it out. He reached forward and fed it into the vending machine once again. When it finally took it, he smacked the button for a bottled water and waited for the machine to drop it down for him.

Scott grabbed Isaac lightly by the shoulder. "Isaac—"

Isaac turned around with a closed fist and punched Scott straight in the jaw. Scott immediately clutched his cheek, eyes wide with shock.

"What don't you fucking get?" Isaac grit out. "I don't want to fucking talk to you. I don't want to be fucking near you. Leave. Me. Alone."

It was around two in the morning when two doctors finally approached the Martin family. Isaac and Scott had left around midnight and Jacob had told Danny to go home.

The four Martins stood to their feet. Stiles stayed sitting, not wanting to get into the family's way. The doctors talked quietly, and for a moment Stiles thought that everything was fine. But when Natalie erupted into a scream, and Lydia stumbled backwards, his heart sank. Jacob grabbed onto his sister and held onto her as he sobbed.

Elias Martin had died that morning.

——————
Writers Note:

Hey guys! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in such a long while....again. Shits been rough lately, ngl. Very hectic.
But ayeeee its summer so 🤷🏼‍♀️🤡

Anyways, comment and vote!!! Love you guys!

-Alison 💗