11

Chapter Eleven: Reckless

Jacob laid in between Danny's legs as Danny played with his hair. Elias wrote an x in one of the boxes and Jake put an o down after. Eli pouted as Jacob won, for the fifth time.

"You cheat!" He exclaimed and Danny smirked.

"No, you just don't pay attention to what you're doing," Jake countered. Danny stifled a laugh and encouraged Eli.

The front door opened and Jacob moved over so Danny could get up. The boy got to his feet and watched as Lydia and Natalie walked into the trailer.

"We are not dating!" Lydia said in a high pitched voice. Natalie rolled her eyes.

"Then why else were you with that Deputy?" She said exasperatedly.

Lydia shook her head and took off her converse. As she looked up, her green eyes met brown ones. Her lips parted and she went very still.

Natalie watched as her daughter moved in one motion, engulfing Danny into a bear hug. Danny staggered back a little and wrapped his arms around her small waist.

Jacob looked up and realized that his sister was crying. His heart felt heavy. He never liked seeing her cry. He wanted to believe that these were happy tears but he knew they weren't. Jacob knew that she took it hard when Danny left.

"I'm sorry," Danny whispered as he stroked her strawberry blonde hair. She let out out a soft sob and she tugged him closer to her.

Natalie, feeling as if she was intruding on an intimate moment, walked to her room. As she past Danny, though, she patted him on the shoulder, showing that she cared about him too.

"I d-don't know w-what to do," She stuttered. "I need you, D-Danny. Don't leave m-me again." He rubbed her back soothingly and rocked on his feet slowly.

"I win!" Elias yelled and grinned from ear to ear. Jacob rolled his eyes and stood to his feet.

"I'll be right back," He told his brother. Elias didn't hear him, being that he was too busy singing a taunting song about how Jake lost.

Jacob walked over to the other two and they both opened up their arms. He wrapped his arms around both of their necks and Danny pulled him closer to him—not that Jake was complaining.

Danny placed a kiss on the smaller girl's head and a secretive peck on Jake's forehead.

Stiles unlocked his apartment door and walked in. The smile on his face grew bigger as he thought about the night he had just had.

There was a noise and it sounded like liquid moving in a bottle. Stiles looked up and noticed a silhouette of someone on his coach. He turned on his light and saw familiar sandy-brown hair.

"She broke up with me," The guy said. He took another swig of whiskey from the bottle. "I don't know what to do anymore."

Stiles walked over to the boy and grabbed his whiskey out of his hands. "Liam, how did you get in here?" He asked with a sigh. Like a child, Liam tried to snatch Stiles' whiskey. He whined and Stiles put it down on the coffee table.

"Stan let me in," Liam answered, referring to the only security guard in Stiles' building. "I bet he wouldn't take away my happiness." He glared at the bottle with a small amount of gold liquid left inside.

Stiles knew he couldn't just kick his friend out, especially in the state he was in. He ran a hand through his dark hair and sat down next to him on his brown couch.

"What happened?" He asked. Liam shrugged.

"Hayden thought I cheated on her," He said and hugged his knees up to his chest. Stiles rubbed his stubbled mouth.

"Did you?"

"No!" Liam said and grabbed the glass bottle. He drank the rest and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. "She's the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love her. Why would you say something like that?"

"Sometimes you can be a little reckless, Liam. You know that," Stiles said.

Liam glared at him. "And you're not?"

"Liam—"

"No! You can say shit about me but I can't say shit about you? You're more reckless than me! You haven't had a solid relationship in five years because you cheated on all of those girls!" Liam yelled.

Stiles' eyes narrowed. "I'm not like that anymore and you know that."

"Just watch," Liam said and tried to stand up. "You'll be cheating on the next girl in no time." He staggered over to the front door.

"Where are you going?" Stiles asked with a loud sigh.

"I'm leaving! I'm going to Scott's! At least he's not a hypocrite—"

Liam started to sway and his eyes started to close. Stiles jumped off of the couch and caught his friend before he fell.

Stiles brought him over to the couch and laid him down.

Danny walked into his house. His mother, who was making dinner, wiped her hands on her apron. She turned around and barely glanced at him.

"Daniel, would you please set the table?" She asked.

But then her eyes widened and she looked at her son. "Oh, Dan," She said and walked towards him with her arms open. She wrapped her arms around him and buried her face into his shirt.

"Hi Mom," He said quietly.

His father walked into the kitchen and stopped dead in his tracks. "I knew I heard your voice." The other man offered his son a smile and Danny returned it.

All Danny's worries faded away as his father joined their hug. "I missed you, Son," Mr. Mahealani said.

Writers Note:

I'm happy to say that I'm not fucking sick anymore! So the demons in my house bette back the fuck up cuz imma fuck THEM up.

Nah lets be honest. If i was to ever see a demon i think i'd shit myself and cry.

Anyways, please comment and vote. I'm a very lonely person.

-Alison