9

Please read:

Red, orange, and strawberry blonde means the same thing to me. They're just different shades of the same color. Leave. Me. Alone. And. Let. Me. Write. The. Words. I. Want.

«»

Chapter Nine: Red Miles

Lydia wiped her yellow stained hands on her jeans, turning them a little green. She shrugged and picked up another can to spray on the wall.

She was sticking to areas that weren't very active, trying to stay under the radar. Lydia was currently painting on an abandoned house a few blocks away from the park.

Two girls walked towards Lydia with their hands in their jean pockets. One of the girls was tall, had short brown hair, and was wearing combat boots. The other girl was small, had straight jet–black hair and a red beanie on her head.

"So you're the girl who's been painting all these shit–holes up," The brown haired girl said, lowering her cigarette away from her lips and blowing out a puff of white smoke. "I'm impressed."

Lydia looked over her shoulder and stared at the two blankly. "Thanks," She replied and continued to paint.

"We spray too," The smaller girl said, "We should do something together some time."

Lydia looked at them and laughed. "No offense, but I don't even know you. You could be serial killers for all I know."

"I'm Malia," The brown haired girl said and extended her tattooed arm out to gesture to the girl beside her. "And this is my girlfriend, Kira. Now you know us." Malia gently bumped Kira with her arm.

Kira, who was carrying a small bag, pulled something out of it. "We're just like you, broken and fucked up teenagers who spray paint shit to make ourselves feel better." She handed Lydia her skateboard. "Peace offering?"

Lydia dropped the paint into her bag and took the familiar skateboard into her own hands. She glanced up at Kira and arched a brow at her. "How'd you know this was mine."

"There aren't a lot of people around here who sign their paints off with a heart and dagger," Kira explained and turned the skateboard over. She pointed at the small symbols on the back board. "I guess, since we ran into you, the right thing to do would be to give it back."

"Well, thank you," Lydia said.

Kira reached into her bag again and took out a marker. She uncapped it and grabbed Lydia's arms. "Here's my number," She said as she began to write the numbers down. "Call me if you want to spray with us. It'll be fun."

She tossed the marker back into her small bag and grabbed Malia's hand. Malia put down her own skateboard and let Kira get on. "Bye," Kira chirped at the same time Malia said it in a monotone voice. Kira slowly skated away with Malia walking alongside her, their hands still connected.

Sheriff Stilinski sat down at his desk and sighed. His son was sitting across from him and anxiously biting his nails. "Are you going to tell me why you were there last night?" John asked.

"I was driving home," Stiles lied, "And I saw these guys with knives attacking a woman."

Sheriff exhaled a deep breath and rubbed his face. "What woman? Stiles, there was no woman. We only saw you."