24

Chapter Twenty-Four: a Man Needs a Women, Not a Little Girl

Lydia was escorted to the interrogation room with her hands still cuffed. She walked past many deputies who stared at her.

Scott and Isaac, who were in Scott's office talking, turned their heads towards the window. They saw her and their eyes widened.

Isaac reached for the door and ran out. "What are you doing? What's going on?" He asked.

Cora, who was already down the hall, turned towards him and smirked. "I'm doing my job, Lahey. Something that you and Stilinski couldn't do."

At the mention of his name, Stiles' office door opened and he walked out with a yawn. It had been a slow day.

His eyes glanced past Isaac and Scott, who standing across from him. He looked at Cora and then at the girl in handcuffs next to her.

"What the hell's going on here?" Stiles asked.

Lydia sighed and her shoulders sunk at the sound of his voice. Her eyes dropped to the floor.

"I got her," Cora said with a smile. "The girl that you couldn't catch. But then again, I owe it all to you, Mieczyslaw. Without your notes and papers I wouldn't be here right now." She turned towards Lydia. "Let's go. Move it."

Stiles narrowed his eyes at the sound of his real name on her lips. He hated it. And he hated her right then.

"Where are you going?" Sheriff Stilinski asked his son. Stiles only then realized that he was half way down the hall following the two girls.

"...nowhere," Stiles said quietly, taking a small step back.

Lydia was sat at a desk. Her and Cora Hale were confined in a small room with that stereotypical lamp next to them. It was off, though.

"You're actually pretty good at this kind of stuff," Cora muttered while going through the pictures Stiles had taken of Lydia's graffiti. "It's a shame that you had to waste your talent."

"I didn't waste anything," Lydia told her. "I love what I do and I don't regret doing it."

Cora looked up and folded her arms over the desk. "You're nineteen, correct?"

"Yeah," Lydia said and leaned back into her seat. "But how old are you? Stiles' age, I presume?"

Cora, looking baffled, narrowed her eyes. "You know Deputy Stilinski?"

"Mhmm. And I know that you know him too," Lydia said, sitting back up again. She tapped her fingers against the desk. "You know him a little too well, don't you think?"

"What?"

"How'd you feel when you kissed him? You knew that he was with someone else, and yet you didn't stop. Stop how'd you feel?"

Cora's nostrils flared but she was more confused than angry. "You're the girlfriend, aren't you?"

"I was the girlfriend," Lydia said.

"If you'd like to talk about Stiles on our own time then we can," Cora told her. "But as of right now, I have a case to finish."