23

Chapter Twenty-Three: Caught

Stiles and Cora kissed on Friday. Lydia found out on Sunday, a week later. On Monday, Stiles and Lydia were no longer Stiles and Lydia. On Wednesday, Stiles stopped talking to Isaac. And on Thursday, he stopped talking to Scott.

On Monday, Stiles had stayed home. He didn't go to work. But Lydia had. On Tuesday, Stiles had gone to the bar with Liam and got hammered. Lydia had gone home and finally cried the last of her tears to Allison. On Wednesday, Stiles had woken up alone in his apartment with a pounding headache and raging guilt. Lydia had woken up to Elias asking her to help him with his homework. On Thursday, Stiles had decided that it was time to go back to his life before Lydia Martin. Lydia had gone back to spray painting all over town. By Friday, it was as if nothing had ever happened. Except for one thing. Lydia no longer spray painted pictures of her fuck up of a father. No, she had begun to spray about someone new.

"Did he kick you out of his life too?" Isaac asked as soon as he got into Scott's car

"Did he kick you out of his life too?" Isaac asked as soon as he got into Scott's car. Scott looked over and nodded.

"He doesn't mean it you know," Scott told him. "He's just upset right now. Hell, I would be too."

"I took Lydia away from him when he was trying to apologize," Isaac muttered and rubbed his face. "He's never going to forget that."

"He will," Scott said confidently.

"Whatever you say, Scott," Isaac sarcastically said, "Because you know everything, right Scotty?"

"I get that everyone's in a pissy mood," Scott said and pointed a finger at him. "But I haven't done anything to you. So, d'ya mind holding off for a bit?"

"I'm sorry," Isaac sighed.

Scott nodded. "Well I'm leaving to go pick Ally up. So..." He trailed off, thinking that Isaac would get the message to get out.

Isaac glanced behind him. "Oh it's okay," He said with a smile. "There's room for her in the back."

Lydia stepped back from her painting. She wiped her forehead from the sweat that the bright sun had caused.

She looked at her work and smiled sadly. It was of a man and a woman kissing. The man had two red X's over his eyes. And on his chest was Lydia's tag, a heart with a dagger prominent where his heart should be. The woman was untouched, unimportant.

"Damn," Someone said from behind her. "Who broke your heart?"

Lydia spun on her heel, noticing Kira and Malia behind her. Kira was sucking on her straw that was in her starbucks coffee. Malia had one arm slung over the smaller girl's shoulder and her other hand holding her backpack.