5

Chapter Five: This is Bad, Very Bad!

Danny arrived on his skateboard about forty minutes after Lydia had called him. He handed her her stencil as she eyed him. Danny turned bright red.

"You took forever, dude," she commented and taped it to the painted brick wall. Danny watched her quietly and crossed his arms.

"Yeah, I got held up. And I only have my board. I'm sorry."

"Mhm."

"I'm leaving, Lyds..." Danny hesitantly told her. Lydia pulled away from focusing on the stone wall and her stare softened.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel like shit. You don't gotta leave," she said. Danny sighed.

"I'm not talking about here. I'm talking about this city," he mumbled. Lydia deadpanned. Her jaw clenched and she breathed a heavy breath out of her nose.

"Why?" Lydia forced out.

"Its not permanent," he said. Danny held his hands up as he walked towards her slowly. "I just need a vacation. Away from my my family—from my dad to be more specific. Away from this god damned city that's weighing me down-all of us down. Away from–"

"Me. You need a break from me," Lydia stated.

"No! Of course not! If I could, I'd take you with me, but I know you wouldn't leave your family, not after..." Danny trailed off and rubbed his face.

"Don't go," Lydia said, her eyes beginning to water, "Danny, please. You can stay with me, with my family. Just don't leave me."

Danny wrapped his arms around his best-friend and held her tightly against his body. He buried his face into her strawberry blonde hair, which was in a messy bun.

"It's not just that, like I said, its this city. Everything's stuffy here. There's too many people, too much shit always happening. I need some fresh fucking air for once in my life."

"Please don't leave like he did," Lydia sniffled while her hands fisted his sweatshirt. "Danny pl–"

"I'm not," Danny said sternly, "I'm coming back, I promise." Lydia nodded against him and he ran his hand up and down her back gently.

Red and blue lights began to flash next to them and a siren began to sound. They both looked up and noticed four cop cars speeding towards them.

"Shit," Lydia said and pulled away from the boy, "Not again." She ran towards her duffle bag and picked it up.

Danny followed her. "Again!?"

Lydia hopped onto his motorcycle and she turned it on. Once it rumbled to life, she looked over at Danny. "Lets go!"

"What about my skateboard!" He yelled and glanced at his board, which was on the other side of the parking lot.

"Ditch it! I'll buy you a new one!"

Danny grumbled and reluctantly got on the motorcycle just as the police cars surrounded them. Danny cursed and began to panic. 

"Danny," She said loudly over the roar of vehicles.

"What?"

"Hold onto me and don't let go."

"Fuckin' hell, okay."

Lydia gripped the throttle and the motorcycle went faster. Danny clung onto her jacket-his jacket, as they drove. He closed his eyes out of fear, knowing that they were dead no matter what. Lydia licked her bottom lip as she charged towards the cars. Two of the cops began to move their cars closer together to block her off but she was already past them. She had managed to squeeze between them. The motorcycle zipped right through the tiny space without any damage.

"Shit! Oh my fucking GOD! YOU COULD HAVE KILLED US!" Danny screamed and looked back at the cops, who were also on the road now, chasing after them. "Shit, this is bad, very bad! Go faster!"

"I'm trying!" Lydia said and gripped harder. "And for the record- they aren't trying to kill us, so I just chose to believe that they wouldn't squish us to death!" She looked back and saw that the cops were gaining on her. Danny screamed for her to look forward and when she did, she saw the traffic in front of her.

"Danny close your eyes," She told him.

"What? No!"

"Fine."

Lydia squeezed them through the tiny gaps in between the cars, which we stopped at a red light. She smirked, knowing that police couldn't catch up to them now.

Stiles cursed and stepped out of his police car. He slammed the door shut. He rubbed his chin and groaned. Deputy Scott McCall stepped out of his cop car and walked over to him.

"Stiles, it's okay," He said.

Deputy Lahey and Deputy Hale stepped out of their cars and joined the other two.

"You were right," Isaac laughed, "She is too hard for you to catch." Derek hit him on the head and Isaac glared at him. Stiles shrugged and began to pace around.

"Did any of you get a glimpse of the license plate?" Scott asked them all. Everyone shook their heads no.

"I didn't even see one on it," Isaac mumbled.

"What am I doing wrong?" Stiles said to himself, ignoring the others. "Maybe I should try to catch her on foot?"

"How will you beat a motorcycle by foot?" Scott said. "Its common sense, man. You just can't."

"What if I don't have to beat it? What if I take the motorcycle out of the picture? " Stiles said and got back into his car. "I have an idea."

"Great," Derek grumbled.

Jacob watched as his sister walked up to their trailer. He opened the door for her and she walked in without looking at him. Lydia threw her bag into her bed and she hopped in after it.

"Danny came by earlier, he was looking for his jacket," Jacob told her. "And he said he was leaving for a while."

Lydia sighed and nodded. She sniffled once. "Yeah, I know."

"Did he tell you when he's coming back?" Jake asked.

Lydia put her head in her hands. "No, Jacob, he didn't."

Jacob sighed but nodded. He silently walked into his room without saying another word to his sister.