15

Chapter Fifteen: Afraid

Lydia kicked her shoes off and bit her lip. She peaked out the window and watched as Stiles drove away. She smiled and crawled into her bed.

Elias sleepily walked out of his bedroom and looked at her tiredly. "Where's Mom?" He asked and got on his tip-toes to get a cup out of the cupboard.

"At the store.....Where's Jacob? He left you home alone?" She asked her little brother.

"Jake said he's with a friend. And I'm almost eleven. I can be home alone, Lyds," He responded. Lydia scoffed and he filled his cup with water.

He trudged back into his bedroom and closed the door behind him.

Lydia's phone beeped, signaling a text. She rolled her eyes and pulled it out of her pocket.

Unknown Number: Was I a good kisser?

Lydia: An error has ocurred. Please try again later.

Unknown Number: I believe it's spelled occurred :)

Lydia: Damnit

Stiles: So....was I? ;)

Lydia: Aren't you driving?

Stiles: I'm at a red light.

Lydia: Oh.

Lydia: I'd rate you a 10

Stiles: Haha I knew it

Lydia: Out of 100

Stiles: Ok I should've expected that

Lydia: You really should've

Stiles: Green light. I'll text you tomorrow.

Lydia: K

Lydia put her phone down on her chest and stared up at the ceiling. She sighed and tried to fall asleep.

Natalie opened the door and walked inside. Lydia flinched at the sudden noise and her mother apologized.

Realizing that she wasn't going to fall asleep any time soon, Lydia hopped down from her bed and walked into the bathroom. She put her hair into a bun and fixed her makeup as quick as she could.

"I'll be back," She told her mom as she walked out of the small room and over to her duffle bag. "I'm going to Allison's." Lydia slung the duffle over her shoulder and grabbed her skateboard.

As she walked outside she unzipped the bag and put her hand inside it. She dug around for a certain piece of paper and eventually found it. Lydia typed the digits into her phone and sent a quick text.

Lydia: Wanna spray some shit-holes up?

Lydia rode her board up to Allison's house. There was no car in the driveway, meaning that Chris was still on his business trip. Lydia knocked on the front door and hoped that Allison would open it.

A few minutes passed before a light in the house turned on and Allison peaked out the window. Lydia saw her sigh and heard her trudge over to the door to open it.