21

Chapter Twenty-One: Stiles the Cheater

Allison brushed her teeth as Lydia put her hair into a bun. The brunette noticed the bags under the other girl's eyes that she tried hiding with concealer.

"What's up?" She asked subtly and spat into the sink. Lydia sighed and took a cloth from the cabinet. She applied warm water to it and some soap.

"It's been a stressful week," Lydia said with a shrug and rubbed the cloth around her face.

Allison nodded. "You could say that again." Her phone buzzed and she grabbed it off the counter. Lydia arched her eyebrows.

"It's Scott," Allison mumbled with a smile as she texted a reply to his message. "He wants to take me out for lunch tomorrow when he gets out of work."

Lydia smirked. "So, you and Scott hit it off then?" She asked, already knowing the answer. Allison blushed and set her phone back down.

"I like him and he's sweet," She chuckled but then sighed quietly. "But he just...seems hesitant sometimes."

"Hesitant to do what?" Lydia questioned while removing her mascara.

"To do dating–type things... He'll ask me out to lunch and dinner, sometimes even breakfast, but then he'll distance himself."

Lydia snorted. "Maybe he's gay?"

Danny knocked on the door and the two turned towards him. "Want me to meet him and see if my gaydar goes off?" He asked with a playful grin.

"He's not gay," Allison laughed and rubbed Danny's head, messing up his hair.

"Y'all didn't know I was," Jacob said and walked past them. He burped and proceeded towards the kitchen, opening the fridge and taking out another soda.

"What does gay mean?" Elias asked, emerging from his bedroom.

They all looked at the younger Martin and Jacob smirked. "This," He said and set down his soda on the table. He grabbed Danny by the shirt and kissed him.

Eli stared up at them with a confused look. "Ew, Lyds tell them to stop sucking face."

"I also suck his c—"

Lydia cut Jake off. "OKAY! Jacob I love that you're in a good mood and all but may I remind you that our brother is only ten."

"I was going to say chicken," Jacob grinned and kissed Danny one last time. Danny blushed and Jacob smiled.

"I like chicken," Elias commented.

Jacob cocked an eyebrow. "Do you now?"

Lydia slapped his arm and Jake burst out in a fit of laughter. Danny joined him and Allison did too. Lydia rolled her eyes at them all.

The screen door opened and Natalie walked in with a box in her hand. They all looked up at her with wide eyes. "I brought home pizza."

"I'm in the mood for chicken," Elias pouted.

"When did you start liking chicken?" Natalie asked.