22

Chapter Twenty-Two: Please Just STAY

Lydia tossed her spray paints into her bag and looked over her shoulder. "Shit," She muttered, noticing a cop car coming towards her. It wasn't Stiles' car. The lights were off, though. Maybe they didn't notice her.

She put her skateboard down and slung the bag over her shoulder. Lydia knew a shortcut that was out of view, but she wasn't fast enough.

The cop car slowed and pulled over right next to her. The window rolled down. "You're badass, you know that?" A deep, familiar english accented voice said. Isaac wiped the blonde curls from his eyes.

Lydia's heart stopped pounding and she gave him a smile. "I guess you could say that," She laughed. Lydia looked around the plain, abandoned area they were in. "What are you doing here?"

"Huh?" He said and looked around. "No reason. Just..." Lydia gave him a look. "It's a long story."

Already walking to the other side of his car, Lydia shrugged. "I got time." She threw her bag into the back of the vehicle and sat down in his passenger seat. Isaac raised his eyebrows at her and she innocently smiled back at him.

Lydia buckled her seatbelt and Isaac started driving automatically. "Scott ditched me today to go on a date with Allison, as you probably already knew," Isaac said. "So I had to find this old baby and drive myself places today." He rubbed the dashboard and then put his hand back on the wheel.

"That still doesn't explain why you're here," Lydia commented. Isaac rolled his eyes and grinned.

"Bloody hell, Lydia, nothing gets past those keen senses of yours, do they?" He said sarcastically. Lydia grinned. "I wanted to see where Scott decided to take her. I followed them and was almost caught so I aborted the mission. I took the wrong road and now here I am. Happy?"

"Sure," Lydia said. "But did you really have to follow them?"

Isaac tilted his head. "As a matter of fact, yes."

"Why's that?"

"What's with all the questions?" Isaac asked.

Lydia shrugged and sat back into her seat. "I'm bored. Stiles has been MIA and Allison's with Scott. These questions are just simply for my entertainment."

Isaac flinched at the mention of Stiles. He hadn't seen the man in days and his annoyance with him was still high. It didn't help that Stiles' girl was now in his car and boy, Isaac really wanted to let it all out and tell her.

"Do you know anything about that?" Lydia asked, hopefully looking at the blonde haired man. "Is Stiles upset with me? Did I do something to make him mad?"

Isaac really wanted to tell her exactly why Stiles was not talking to anyone. He knew she didn't deserve to even think that it was her fault. God, she deserved the truth.

"No, of course he's not," Isaac told her. "It's probably just a Stiles thing. He's weird."

Weird was one way to put it.

"Oh," Lydia said and bit her fingernail. Isaac sighed and looked out the window.

"Where do you want me to take you?" He asked her. Lydia shrugged and rested her head against the cool glass window.