16

Chapter Sixteen: Phone Calls and Paint Jobs

Allison stepped back and looked at the paint covered wall. She smiled at her piece, which was a giant octopus grabbing the other's work with it's tentacles.

"Nice," Lydia commented, gazing at the finished spray paint. Allison grinned.

"Thanks. I love yours," She said with a laugh. Lydia laughed as well. It was a black spray of a girl being chasing by a cop car. Hints of blue and red blotches surrounded the scene.

"Stiles is going to like this one," Lydia muttered under her breath. Allison rolled her eyes, getting annoyed at hearing about this "Styles" person.

Kira threw her can into her backpack and crossed her arms. "Shit, we did good." Malia nodded with an impressed look on her face.

"We should do this again," James said while stretching his arms. He yawned and looked over at Jack. "I'm leavin, you comin?"

"Ya," Jack responded, already packing his things up.

Lydia reached down and grabbed her board. She looked at Allison who nodded.

"Thanks for letting us spray with you guys," Lydia said to the other two girls. They smiled at her.

"No, thank you!" Kira chirped. "I can't believed we sprayed with a legend!"

Allison laughed. "A legend?"

"Only Lydia has ever escaped the cops around here," Malia commented. "Especially without any damage."

"I'll share some cop escaping techniques next time we paint together," Lydia joked as she stepped onto her board.

The girls laughed and waved goodbye. Allison and Lydia skated back to her house.

The Next Day

Isaac hit his hands on the steering wheel to the music. Scott whistled as they waited for the red light to turn green.

"You going to Stiles' place tonight?" Isaac asked. He looked over at his friend and fellow coworker.

"Obviously," Scott said. "You think he'd invite that Lydia girl?"

"No," Isaac laughed, "He never invited any of his other girlfriends over for guys night. Plus, that'd ruin the whole point of guys night."

Scott nodded. "But don't you think he's been acting different? He never acted like this with Erica or Cora."

"Look," Isaac sighed. He began to drive again. "I do believe that this thing with Lydia isn't like the other things he's had with girls. But Stiles is Stiles. It'll end in one big mess."

"I don't think he's going to do it this time," Scott muttered, staring out the window. "I don't think he's going to—"

Scott looked at the painting they were passing. A smile slowly covered his face. "Isaac, look."

Isaac stopped the car next to the graffiti and smirked. "Stiles' going to get a kick outta this."

He took out his phone and took a picture.