33

Chapter Thirty-Three: Bullet

Elias watched as his brother and Danny drove out of the driveway and down the street. The ten year old boy looked over his shoulder, at Allison, who was on her phone.

"Where are they going?" he asked her while biting his nails. Allison looked up.

"Probably out to dinner," she said. "They'll be back later, but it's just us until your mom gets home."

"Do you think she'll bring home food? I'm hungry Ally." He hopped off the chair and laid down on Lydia's bed.

"I don't know buddy, but I can make you something, what do you want?" She asked and stood up. She set her phone down on the table and walked over to the small stove. She opened the cupboard and pulled out a box of mac and cheese. "This good?"

He smiled and took off his socks. "I love mac and cheese!"

Allison's phone beeped as she took out milk from the fridge and she briefly peaked at it. She saw that it was an unsaved number who texted her, so she ignored it.

"Allison?"

"Yeah, Eli?"

"Can we play a board game too?"

Allison smiled, "Sure. Does Jacob have any good games?"

"Yes! He has Battleship and Guess Who, or we could play Scrabble–my mom likes that game but I don't understand the rules."

"I like Battleship, go see if you can find it," She told him and he sprinted towards his bedroom to search for it.

Allison's phone beeped again, and then again, and again. The phone beeped frantically. She set down the pan in her hand and grabbed her phone.

You have two minutes to come outside.

One minute.

You didn't come out, Allison.

So I'm coming in.

Allison's eyes immediately averted towards the window.

There was someone outside staring at her through the window. He was completely still, but it was too dark outside to see his face. Allison glanced at the door and saw that it was unlocked. She looked back, and he was gone.

Allison ran for the door. Her heart raced, her head pounded. Who was here? Why?

She turned the lock but it wouldn't turn. She looked up and saw the man on the other side of the glass, holding onto the handle so it wouldn't lock.

"Did you really think you could keep me away, Allison?" Seth asked with a devious grin.

Allison let go of the door and started to back up. She sprinted for Jacob and Elias's bedroom. 

Seth swung the door open and grabbed her by her hair, yanking her to the ground. When she tried to sit up, he stepped on her chest.

"Seven months," He said. "It's been seven months since you left your house. And for what? To get away from me? Do you know how long it took me to realize you were here? Not long at all."