•FORTY FIVE•

"I love you so much baby but I need to go"
Stephen groaned with a light chuckle while his girlfriend-Jordan-had her arms around his neck trying to persuade him into staying.

"No, you don't you can stay here with me!" She smiled.

"I have to go to practice in the morning baby otherwise you know I would"

They had been going back and forth for almost 10 minutes now and Stephen needed to go home and sleep but Jordan wasn't gonna do everything in her power to keep that from happening.

"No you're being clingy" he joked before smacking her in the ass "I'm gone bye!"

"Jerk!" Jordan yelled after he shut her bedroom door.
Once Stephen walked out he was met with Jordan's roommate sitting on the couch obviously listening to everything that happened in there.

"You're gonna destroy her..."

He didn't even give her the attention she wanted before rolling his eyes and walking out of their apartment.
He drove home with no care in the world, he pulled into the driveway of his big California home putting the car in park before turning it off and walking inside.

He walked past the mess of shoes by the door next to gym bags and workout clothes, he walked into the kitchen that was filled with empty food containers and empty drink bottles, he grabbed a Gatorade from the fridge and went to his room.

He pulled his phone out and responded to the texts he couldn't while at Jordan's, went through the thousands of DMs and other news that he didn't really care about before finishing his night off playing 2k.

He woke up the next morning and quickly got ready for practice, he grabbed all his stuff and rushed out the door but not before catching a glimpse of himself in the mirror, he stopped in his tracks and took a step back into the mirror.
He stood there for a moment looking at himself, the man he had become, the friend he is, the boyfriend he is, the son, brother, player, the man he was in general.
And he was absolutely disgusted.

He finished practice dragging himself through it.
Others took notice but didn't mention anything, the only person who truly knew what was bothering his brother in distress was the one and only Klay Thompson. His very own splash brother.
He saw the hurt in his eyes and the drag in his shoulders but couldn't find it in himself to say anything because like Stephen, Klay was also disappointed.

Once practice was finished the only bit of comfort he got was a couple of pats on the shoulder from teammates and coaches passing him.
He didn't really care though because he didn't want to talk about it, he didn't want to think about it, hear about it.
He was over it.

He went home and laid on the couch staring at the ceiling for hours not even bothering with a shower.
Before he knew it it was time to go back to the arena for their game, but he really didn't want to.

Stephen lived for basketball, there wasn't anything that could keep him from wanting to play the sport he loves... or so he thought.

The game passed Stephen by without him even noticing it would be an understatement to say he played like crap.
He barely got any points and he fell behind on just about everything else, coaches were upset and fans were even angrier.
When you pay to see Stephen Curry play you want to see the absolute best and that is not what people received tonight.

He was walking in the tunnel behind the rest of his team while his name got boo'ed from almost all of the arena.
He slightly jumped when he heard the voice of the last girl he would want to see. Jordan's roommate.

"Wow you really aren't shit are you?" She chuckled.
"You see that right there, is guilt at its finest.
You can't even play right because you're such a horrible human being"

Stephen threw his towel out of discouragement.

"Just shut up! Shut up already! I've had enough of your bullshit! You don't think I feel bad huh? I feel horrible okay everybody can see it!" He yelled catching everybody's attention.

Which only made her laugh.

"If you feel so bad why won't you just tell the truth?"

"Because... I can't look her in the eyes and watch as her heart breaks because I'm a piece of shit."

Sara hopped off the table she was sitting on and got uncomfortably close to Stephen staring him in the eyes with no sympathy.

"Finally. Something we can agree on"

She looked to her side and chuckled before walking away.
Stephen's eyes followed hers only to land on the next worst thing.

He threw his hands up in frustration.
"Could this night get worse!"

"Aww, that excited to see me?" She smiled sadly.

Adriana.

"What do you want?"

"Okay, so you only want to see me when my clothes are off? That's how this works?"

Stephen rolled his eyes.

"I didn't even want to see you then. You were just lucky I was drunk.
Why don't you do us both a favor and leave me alone."

"Why. You're afraid your girlfriend will find out" she gave her best pouty face.

"I don't need you ruining my relationship, okay?"

"Me?" She laughed "You're the one who slept with your girlfriend's friend of 6 years. Honey, I'm not the one who ruined your relationship"

"This is probably the worst time I could've walked back here..."

Stephen snapped his head looking at the voice coming behind him.

"Jordan?..."

***

Thank your for the request @Nevaeh492938
Sorry it sucked I just wanted to get something out quick but I hope you enjoyed it🙏

I'll be honest I didn't proofread lol so sorry about that...