•ONE•

EDITED

STEPHENS P.O.V

We are nearing the end of the last round in the playoffs and stress is high. sleep is something I hardly get to do anymore with all the gym sessions, practice, games, media interviews, endorsement deals, and everything else included with the job don't get me wrong I am grateful but I just want to go home to my beautiful wife and relax with her. She's usually sleeping when I leave and if she's not already asleep when I get home she's close, I just miss spending time with my best friend.
I got the coach to switch one of my night workouts to a morning workout and give my interview to my teammate Klay so I could go home early tonight and spend a few hours with Aya while I can.

I truly love the game, and I love my team and everything involved, but I miss my wife and the familiarity of being with her.
Unfortunately, I can't do that for another two hours when practice is over.

Practice has been absolute torture since we secured a spot in the playoffs, I understand why but the staff doesn't understand it's hard to play the most important games in your career when you can't feel your body from the 8-hour workout the day before.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

AYA'S P.O.V

"Baby I'm home" I heard Stephen's voice after he walked into our big beautiful California home.
He walked into our bedroom and collapsed on our bed, I would mention how his sweaty body is ruining our clean bedding but he looked so exhausted and I know his crazy schedule is getting to him so I let this one slide.

"How was practice?" He looked like he was going to fall asleep any second but I haven't gotten to talk to him in person in days and I just miss him.

"I feel like I can't move anything"

I sat down next to him and my hand made its way to his hair while he readjusted to put his head in my lap getting more comfortable.

"Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?" I asked rubbing his back with my other hand.

"I mean I can think of a few things" he smirked.

"Ooh I think I'm gonna have to pass on that one, my love"

His dramatic fake pout made its appearance. "I've worked hard all day and now you give me this bad news?" He joked.

"I'm sorry but you need to get some sleep"

"You asked what would make me feel better. Why would you tease me like that?"

"Because I'm your wife that's my job"

I leaned down kissing his lips for a little bit before I moved down to his jaw, then neck making sure to leave a mark. My hands roamed his chest and ever so slowly made their way down and right before I was were I knew he wanted maybe even needed me to be Stopped and pulled away.
He let out a loud frustrated groan grabbing my wrists trying to bring me back but I  pulled away from his grip.

"I'm gonna go shower" I stared at him for a moment waiting for him to catch on.

"Have fun" he sighed.

"I said I'm going to take a shower?"

"And I said have fun" he said flustered.

"Stephen, Maybe you should shower with me? It will save water" I said with my puppy dog eyes looking at him.

His eyes quickly shot open
"Well if it's gonna save water," he said getting out of bed to follow me into the bathroom I let out a Yelp when he scooped me up on his way to the shower.

we  finished our night cuddling in bed watching tv Stephen fell asleep almost instantly and all I could think about is how much I love this man... and how we are gonna apologize to our neighbors tomorrow...

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This was a request from the very talented @Barbiebrunette thank you