•ELEVEN•

Stephens P.O.V
"Baby I think you should just stay home, the doctor said you need to rest" I tried to tell my wife.
"I'm fine I've been in bed all day. I feel amazing and I want to come and support my husband"
"I know you do baby but you are 37 weeks pregnant you shouldn't be at a basketball game jumping around especially when you're at risk for early labor" she rolled her eyes at me even though I knew she knew I was right.
"Well I don't care I'm coming to the game and you can't stop me"
I sighed in defeat. It's better to just drop it before fighting about it.
"Okay fine but you're going with my parents so somebody can keep an eye on you"
"Yes boss," she said as she walked out of the room. I love the woman I really do but times like this I question if I like her.

I walked into the bathroom where she was getting ready she looked amazing but I was still concerned.
"Sydel will be here in a little bit but I have to go, I love you" we kissed and said our I love you's before I left I texted my sister and parents to keep an eye on her and make sure she is okay. I might be a little protective over her but I have my reasoning, two weeks ago Brynn had to go to the hospital for some pregnancy complications, everything turned out to be fine just a minor issue but she was told if she didn't take a step back from her busy schedule it could put her and the baby in harm, which like it should for any good husband worried me. I don't think she takes it seriously enough and she thinks I take it too seriously so you can see where we but heads.

Brynn's P.O.V
Sydel texted me to tell me she was on her way, we were gonna ride to the game together since Stephen insists I need a babysitter all the time when I'm reality I want to just be alone sometimes. I started rushing around because Sydel lives about 15 minutes away from me and I still needed to straighten my hair and get dressed. Do you know the two hardest parts?...
While the straighter heated up I started going through my closet to find something to wear which sounds easier then it is. Stephen and I are blessed with this lifestyle and we have a lot of money, you can tell by our two walk-in closets but going into 37 weeks of pregnancy I never bought maternity clothes. I'm not as huge as I should be for being this pregnant but I've definitely gained weight so none of my clothes fit me anymore which makes it very difficult to get dressed. I'm not as high maintenance as you would think for being an NBA wife sure getting all dressed up and going to award shows is fun, oh absolutely, but I love me some sweatpants and sweatshirts I like to feel all cozy and warm. Sydel walks in and sees me in a robe going through my closet with clothes laid on all throughout my closet floor.
"Hey, girlie- oh my gosh what happened here" I turned my head to look at her frustrated.
"Nothing fits anymore I'm too fat" I throw my hands up in defeat.
"You are not. We will find something come on."
She starts going through clothes after about 20 minutes of looking she understands my problem.
"Okay well I have a solution for this"
"And that is?"
"When it doubt..go to your husband's closet and steal his clothes" I smiled at her sure it was a simple solution but it's one that I never thought of.
"Perfect let's go raid Stephens closet"
After I got one of his golden state shirts to fit the occasion I grabbed some leggings and straightened my hair and was finally ready.
"Well it's weird that didn't feel like a long time" Sydel was making a weird face while explaining.
"Okay and?"
"And the game is starting and we have a 20-minute drive to the arena..."
"Crap! Stephens gonna kill me" I quickly grabbed my phone and keys and we ran to her car.
We finally pulled into the parking lot and rushed to get inside.
"Wow traffic was crazy" I raised my eyebrow at her.
"Sydel there was hardly any traffic?"
"Yea but they don't need to know that" we both started laughing at her plan. She was good I'll give her that.

Stephens P.O.V
The game is starting and I look up at Brynn's seat to make sure she's there like I do every game and to my surprise, I look up and Brynn is nowhere to be seen. I try not to panic but I look back at the coach and give him a worried look, then quickly focus back at the game.
We were about two minutes into the game and every dead ball I was looking up hoping I would see Brynn but she's still not here. I shake my head and look at Draymond who is on the bench due to injury. "Get security" I mouth to him, he gives me a very confused look luckily my teammates know me well though, he looked at me then looked up and brynns seat and knew what I meant, he nodded at me and went to find security.
I tried and tried but I couldn't do it anymore I was missing passes and letting guys slip by me it didn't even look like I was out there. I had coach pull me out I walked past the bench guys were trying to high five me but I just walked past them into the tunnel.

*commentator* Steph curry just looks clueless out there. After a minute of just missing everything coach pulled him out and he appears to be leaving the floor. What is going on with this guy tonight?

My mom walked up to me " okay what is up with you right now "
"Where the heck is my wife at she was supposed to be here an half an hour ago"
"I don't know I thought you said she wasn't coming?"
"Yea but then she said she wanted to and insisted she would be fine and now here we are and she is nowhere to be seen"
"Okay you go out there and focus me and your dad will call her and see where she is"
"Absolutely not I'm not going back in that game till I know she's okay"
"Stephen come on they need you out there"
"It's not gonna happen"
My mother rolled her eyes at my stubbornness.
"Okay just wait I'll call Brynn."
Before she got the chance she started getting a call from Sydel that instantly freaked me out.
"I'm down here with Stephen he's looking for Brynn"
She said into the phone they talked for a minute before she hung up.
"Brynn is in here seat she is here and healthy now go get out there" I felt a weight off my shoulders as I ran back into the court.

{after the game}
I was in the locker room getting dressed and I was the last one to leave. The door opened and I looked up to see Brynn walking in.
I quickly drop my shoes that were in my hands and put my hands on my sides and look at her upset.
"So was this whole thing fun for us? Did we learn anything new? Because I can't explain to you the fear I had when my wife who promised to be here on time wasn't here. I couldn't think straight because I thought something had happened to you, okay Brynn? I was scared of what the heck happened!" It didn't feel as good to get that off my chest as I had originally thought it would. She started to get tears in her eyes and I immediately regretted it. "I'm sorry I couldn't find anything that fits and then Sydel tried to help and we didn't check what time it was so I didn't know I was late. I'm so sorry I didn't think it was a big deal" once she said all of that she started crying. I pushed the chair in front of me out of the way and went to hug her. I expected her to push me away but she wrapped her arms around my waist and put her face into my chest as she cried.
"I'm sorry baby I didn't mean to yell at you like that it's not your fault I was just scared"
We stood there for a couple of minutes as I held Brynn feeling like a horrible human.
"Wanna go home. We can spend our night with food, Netflix and cuddling?" I asked knowing how to cheer my wife up. She shook we head yes and I grabbed my stuff before we left. That's exactly how we spend out the night to somehow managed to get the whole first season of new girl fit into one night which I enjoyed more then I would like to admit. But it felt nice to spend that time with my wife.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Idk why but I enjoyed this one more than my other ones😁
Unfortunately, I have not found a good way to end them yet😬I'm working on it though I promise🙏❤️